Shimano Talica II Conventional Reel
The Shimano Talica II Conventional Reels are specially designed for fly-lining live baits with heavy braids and short fluorocarbon leaders.
The Talica II's include all the features needed in a specialty conventional saltwater reel including a compact design, high and low 2-speed gearing, a castable lever drag system and a high line capacity all in a durable, corrosion resistant package.
The Talica II's also feature Shimano's new E.I. surface treatment which drastically increases the corrosion resistance of the reel. E.I. is used on the spool, frame and sideplate (the most common spots where corrosion begins). This coupled with the use of S A-RB (shielded anti-rust bearings) and drain holes to allow saltwater to escape the reel make for one of the best saltwater reels ever created.
- Approved for use in saltwater
- Compact, high speed, castable lever drag with high line capacity
- Machined aluminum handle and sideplate with E.I.
- Cold forged and lightweight machined aluminum spool with E.I.
- Greaseless spool support bearings for excellent live-bait castability
- Topless frame design
- Oversized carbon drag washers for ultra-high drag pressures
- Waterproof drag (when engaged)
- Silent twin-pawl anti-reverse
- Ergonomic power handle
- Ratcheting drag lever
- Preset knob with click
- Aluminum rod clamp
- Rated for use with monofilament, fluorocarbon and braided lines
- Shimano's proprietary surface treatment of the spool and body allow corrosion resistance more than double the conventional surface treatment.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool
- These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- Metal Series
- The metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Platinum Premier Service Plan
- With the Platinum Service Plan, when submitting your Warranty Registration card points, you will receive coupons for discounts on clean and lubes (from half off to free!) Also included are Priority Shipping labels guaranteeing 48-hour turn around time from Shimano or participating Shimano Authorized Warranty Centers.