Shimano Talica Conventional Reel
Shimano Talica Conventional Reels are no exception to Shimano's rule that a smooth drag is very important. However, being able to fish 3 to 4 line classes heavier than you would normally on a reel of its size makes Talica more fun to fish since you spend less time fighting your tackle and more time fighting the fish. Pre-installed with an L.R.S. (Long Range Special) style drag cam, which is designed to provide maximum drag output for heavy settings with heavy line, the Talica Single speeds are specifically designed for fishing heavy PowerPro with short Fluorocarbon topshots. The 8 and 10 sizes will fish 50 pound test PowerPro with ease, while the 12 and 16 sizes can utilize up to 100 pound test!
Talica Conventional Reels include all the features needed in a specialty conventional saltwater reel including a compact design, a castable lever drag system and a high line capacity all in a durable, corrosion resistant package.
The Talica also feature Shimano's new E.I. surface treatment which drastically increases the corrosion resistance of the reel. E.I. is used on the spool, frame and sideplate (the most common spots where corrosion begins). This coupled with the use of S A-RB (shielded anti-rust bearings) and drain holes to allow saltwater to escape the reel make for one of the best saltwater reels ever created.
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Compact, High Speed, Castable Lever Drag, with High Line Capacity
- Comes with L.R.S Drag Cam Pre-Installed
- 20# Monofilament Cam included in box
- Lightweight Spool with Greaseless Spool Support Bearings for excellent live-bait castability
- Topless Design
- Oversized Carbon Drag Washers for Ultra-High Drag Pressures
- Waterproof Drag (when engaged)
- Silent Anti-Reverse
- Ergonomic Power Handle
- Super Stopper with Assist Stopper
- Ratcheting Drag Lever
- Preset Knob with Click
- Aluminum Rod Clamp
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool
- These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- Metal Series
- The metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
- Platinum Premier Service Plan
- With the Platinum Service Plan, when submitting your Warranty Registration card points, you will receive coupons for discounts on clean and lubes (from half off to free!) Also included are Priority Shipping labels guaranteeing 48-hour turn around time from Shimano or participating Shimano Authorized Warranty Centers.