Shimano Talica 20BFC Conventional Reel
The Shimano Talica 20BFC Conventional Reel is a dream reel. This reel is built specifically to meet the highest level of requirements for sailfish pro-series and white marlin tournaments. The Talica 20BFC reel offers ultra high speed with 60' of line retrieved per crank, and to keep from breaking off, 3 pounds minimum drag at strike. For a competitive advantage, look to this technologically advanced tool for the competitive angling scene.
The Talica 20BFC also features Shimano's new E.I. surface treatment which drastically increases the corrosion resistance of the reel. E.I. is used on the spool, frame and sideplate (the most common spots where corrosion begins). This coupled with the use of S A-RB (shielded anti-rust bearings) and drain holes to allow saltwater to escape the reel make for one of the best saltwater reels ever created.
- Billfish Concept Reel
- Custom BFC drag curve
- New durable clicker
- Large line capacity for 20 lb. and 30 lb. monofilament
- External Strike detent which is best solution for circle hook setting by lever drag
- Long Life Clicker
- Weight Reduced frame
- Weight Reduction Holes to keep reel weight balance in check
- Reinforced mono spool
- High tension preset knob under low drag setting helps to decrease line breakage by avoiding accidental drag changes
- Over-sized gear box for 60" drive gear
- Hollow lightweight knob for improved speed
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool
- These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- Shimano's proprietary surface treatment of the spool and body allow corrosion resistance more than double the conventional surface treatment.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Super Stopper
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- Platinum Premier Service Plan
- With the Platinum Service Plan, when submitting your Warranty Registration card points, you will receive coupons for discounts on clean and lubes (from half off to free!) Also included are Priority Shipping labels guaranteeing 48-hour turn around time from Shimano or participating Shimano Authorized Warranty Centers.