Shimano Stradic FL Spinning Reel
Shimano is one of those names that anglers just trust. For years their products have proven to be the workhorses of the industry, built to perform under pressure. The Shimano Stradic FL Spinning Reel is no different. Shimano crafted this reel with a metal HAGANE body designed to be highly rigid and virtually eliminate body flex for that flawless smoothness and power transfer you need!
The body of the reel has been developed to move the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod, cutting down on fatigue and enhancing casting comfort. The cold-forged HAGANE pinion gear system has been crafted with the highest tolerance for those hard fighting fish! Shimano's precision gear alignment eliminates any friction and the advanced silent drive maintains that exceptionally smooth feel. While the reel's cross carbon drag system allows you to fight back!
Living up to its Shimano name, the Stradic FL is built to endure and conquer. Coated in a highly specialized repellent for superior water resistance and a specially designed water channeling system. The uniquely designed water channeling labyrinth construction ensures that the Stradic FL is made to last a lifetime and never compromise on performance. Shimano constructed this reel with a long stroke spool that will have you casting further and with more accuracy than ever before! Get ready to take on the most powerful fish with the Shimano Stradic FL Spinning Reel!
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead, the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Silent Drive
- From the fundamental, whole body design to the most intricate parts of the drive train, including the drive gear, wormshaft, wormshaft pin and wormshaft gear, every piece has been carefully reviewed, and the smallest clearance gaps and wobbles have been eliminated to the highest tolerances.
- By combining our water repellent coating and our specially designed, water channeling, labyrinth construction, X Protect provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation.
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- G Free Body
- G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
Ratings & Reviews
Best $200 reel for next 4 years
Stradic FL has many Stella FJ technologies.
<br>Hagane Gear (low cost - not same materials used in Stella)
<br>Micro Module Gear II (Quality is not good as Stella gear)
<br>Hagane Body (Stradic has the plastic-metal hybrid body)
<br>Silent Drive (added more washers to eliminate handle play, pinion & main gears play - you can add washers......)
<br>G Free Body (this was implemented in 2014, I think it's good.)
<br>S A-RB (Bearings)
<br>One-Piece Bail (a low-cost version of Stella bail and it helps the line trouble.)
<br>Long Stroke Spool (If you suck at casting, you won't see any differences. You can cast far about 5% more.)
<br>These technologies are missing from Stradic FL.
<br>Rigid Support Drag (Spool has one S A-RB and drag click ratchet gets one S A-RB.)
<br>E.I. (Super rust prevention treatment)
<br>For $200 reel, this is the best reel you can buy for the next 4 years.
Bring back anti-reverse lever!
I have about 8 of the older style with the ant-reverse, the biggest mistake Shimano has made was removing the anti-reverse from their better reels, not that I back reel much but i used it a lot to position the bait right to cast!