Shimano Stradic FK Spinning Reel
Select from the models below
Shimano Stradic FK Spinning Reels are constructed with a Hagane body to provide stiffness and impact resistance to virtually eliminate body flexing. The Hagane gear gives you long-lasting smoothness, while the cold-forged spool provided strength and durability. These reels offer improved balance and weight to help reduce fatigue. Stradic FK reels are equipped with Shimano's Propulsion Line Management System with Aero Wrap II Oscillation, setting the standard for design and durability.
Stradic FK Spinning Reels feature Shielded A-RB Bearings and Fluidrive II technology for extremely smooth operation. The Power Roller greatly reduces line twist to minimize unwanted loops and prevent line tangles. Every part of each Stradic reel has been designed to offer anglers the best in performance and power.
- Aero Wrap II
- This two-speed oscillation system layers the line onto the spool in a crisscross pattern that reduces line-to-line friction for longer casts. AeroWrap reels utilize a patented worm gear design to move the spool upward quickly and downward slowly to wind the line in a precise pattern, reducing friction, and giving smoother, longer casting ability.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool
- These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Fluidrive II
- Building upon the successes of Fluidrive, Fluidrive II features a large master gear polished using a wrapping process, increasing the efficiency of the retrieve.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Power Roller
- Line twist arising from repeated casting and retrieving is reduced by as much as 50% on reels equipped with the Power Roller line twist reduction system. Power Roller's special grooved design assures the line will be wrapped on the spool to minimize unwanted loops and twists during the cast.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- The SR-Concept combines the new concept of Reliance with all aspects of the S-Concept: Smooth, Silent and Strong. The Reliance Concept, or R-Concept, means that dreams in reel design are now evolving into reality. The result of the use of the new S-R Concept in design is the development of many exciting new features.
- Super Stopper II
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
Ratings & Reviews
Solid, smooth, comfortable reel
by JustBassin -
In this price range there are several great choices, Stradic CI4+, Ballistic, etc. I choose this as I have used several variants (sizes) that were setup on fishing guides rods I went out with in both fresh and saltwater. The guide in SC while hunting Tarpon, Red Fish and Flounder, stated these reels have never let him down with his customer, good enough for me. I'm sure those see more action in a year, than mine will. My application will be fresh water species of varying sizes, I have the 2500. I will certainly be replacing my other reels with these if/when they give up and can't be saved anymore, or I'm ready to upgrade them ;) I have no problem recommending this reel, smooth operation, smooth drag, with backing still holds plenty of braid line.
Stradic FK - Salmon Fishing
I recently bought the Stradic FK 2500 spinning reel for Salmon fishing, in a Lake Michigan tributary. Your drag is one of the most important attributes fishing tight rivers and streams. It needs to be strong enough to tire out the fish, steer the fish from falling trees, bushes and submerged rocks. This real did everything that I expected and helped me land A LOT of Salmon on my last trip. However, night casting glo spoons for salmon was quite different. I used the stradic FK 2500 and of course my first hookup was going to be a very large Salmon. I had 130 yds of 17lb nanofil. I had the drag set pretty darn tight but it almost spooled me. The salmon got away as it bent 2 of the 3 hooks on the treble. I immediately went out and bought a Stradic FK 3000 for increased line capacity (only got 20 more yds of nanofil). My largest Salmon with this real was a 29.5 lb salmon and I could not be more happier on the reels handling and performance. I will be getting a Stradic FK 4000.
Near perfection in design and craftsmanship
The impression you get when you first try out one of these is that all aspects of the reel operate with perfect smoothness - the bail, drag, handle et c., everything is perfectly made. The drag in particular is incredibly smooth and finely adjustable - spinning reels are not generally known to be the best for long running line pulling fish but in my experience the Stradic drag in combination with the line roller on the bail arm will handle it. You do not get a spare spool, which is a little inconvenient. There is no switch to disable the anti reverse so no backreeling with this reel, but the superb drag makes up for this. The 1000 series is for near ultralight application, the 2500 and 3000s for normal bass and walleye fishing (3000 for stream steelhead) and the 4000 for salmon, musky et c. Worth the money I'd say.
Shimano Stradic 1000 FK
One of the best spinning reels for trophy trout fishing, lightweight and very smooth drag. It's bearings are liquid smooth. For steelhead move up a size or two to 2500 or 3000.