Shimano Stradic CI4+ Spinning Reel
What isn't there to love about the Shimano Stradic CI4+ Spinning Reel? Everything about the Stradic CI4+ screams performance and power. This spinning reel is one of the toughest and smoothest lightweight reels on the market today. Thanks to the patented HAGANE gear and HAGANE body, this reel handles more torque and provides more power and durability than most reels. The CI4+ carbon fiber reinforced graphite material is over one and a half times stronger than Shimano's normal XT-7 graphite and is over 20 percent lighter. And because the frame, sideplate, and rotor do not contain metal, these components are impervious to rust and corrosion.
The Shimano Stradic CI4+ Spinning Reel has one of the toughest drags; it's virtually indestructable. Plus, the drag system allows for many levels of adjustment. Other premium components include the G Free Body, X-SHIP, and COREPROTECT technologies. More bearings have been added in just the right places, and the Stradic CI4+ steps up to S ARB bearings to provide improved shielding and protection. Let's not forget about style. This fishing reel looks just as great as it performs, with a smooth chrome-like finish and a red spool as the perfect accent. The unmatched level of quality and technology is what draws more anglers to the Stradic CI4+ as their spinning reel of choice. Make the Stradic CI4+ your reel of choice!
- The ultimate in lightweight design.
- G Free Body
- G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- Aero Wrap II
- This two-speed oscillation system layers the line onto the spool in a crisscross pattern that reduces line-to-line friction for longer casts. AeroWrap reels utilize a patented worm gear design to move the spool upward quickly and downward slowly to wind the line in a precise pattern, reducing friction, and giving smoother, longer casting ability.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- MGL Magnumlite Rotor
- The Magnumlight Rotor is 25% lighter, offering better balance and requiring 22% less inertia, making it easier to start and stop your retrieve for an overall smoother feel.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- The concept of COREPROTECT is simple... to provide water resistance without creating a heavy rotation feeling. There are three key areas of the reel that require protection; the roller clutch, the body and the line roller.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- Power Roller
- Line twist arising from repeated casting and retrieving is reduced by as much as 50% on reels equipped with the Power Roller line twist reduction system. Power Roller's special grooved design assures the line will be wrapped on the spool to minimize unwanted loops and twists during the cast.
- Super Stopper II
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- AR-C Spool
- A patented spool design with a V-shape spool lip means line peels off the reel in smaller loops, resulting in longer and more accurate casts. The AR-C spool also minimizes the risk of backlash.
- Machined Aluminum Handle
Ratings & Reviews
Shimano = THE BEST
Love how smooth and light this reel is. Shimano makes the best spinning reels on the planet. I will always buy Shimano.
by smalljaws -
What can I say this is my 4th one, 2- Stratics & now 2 - CI4's. Smoothest drag the dollar can buy. Two of my Stratics are 14 years old and they work like new oh yes I fish about 150 to 175 days a year. These reels are worth every penny they cost
by SUNU -
Read many reviews about the Reel, and I have to agree. I ordered the STCI4C3000HGFB primarily for walleye but wanted to make sure if i snagged a bass the reel was powerful enough. I have only been able to find one other reel with that level of smoothness, Helios. Reel is slight as expected. Matching it with the St Croix Avid series and you have an excellent combo. Would definitely recommend to any one looking for a high end spinning reel.
Superb ultra low mass ultra strong five star spinning reel
by iljFISH -
The first impression you get is light weight - due to Shimano's proprietary Cl4+ graphite composite construction these are about 20% lighter than the comparable aluminum Stradic FKs - this is very noticeable. The second impression is that aspects of the reel operate with perfect smoothness - the bail, drag, handle et c., everything is perfectly made. The drag in particular is incredibly smooth and finely adjustable - the Stradic drag and line roller on the bail arm will handle strong running fish. You do not get a spare spool, which is a little inconvenient. There is no switch to disable the anti reverse so no backreeling with this reel, but the superb drag makes up for this. The 1000 series is for near ultralight application, the 2500 and 3000s for normal bass and walleye fishing (the only difference between the 2500 and 3000 models is the spool line capacity, about 10-25% more in the 3000) and the 4000 for salmon, musky et c. The Cl4+s lighter mass makes them worth the extra cost.
All around great reel for the majority of your inshore and freshwater needs. With the power in this well-engineered reel, you don't need more then the 1000 for most scenarios. My clients land 15 to 20 pound fish on this reel with no problem!