Shimano Stella SW Saltwater Spinning Reel - 2018 model
Select from the models below
Lighter, more powerful, and more reliable than ever before, the Shimano Stella SW Saltwater Spinning Reel will make you fish with confidence! Built around a Hagane body, the Stella SW reel features a rigid metal construction giving you efficiency through strength. The state-of-the-art Hagane gear combined with Silent Drive technology provides lasting durability and smoothness. To improve performance, the innovative Heatsink drag transfers heat away from the spool to reduce surface temperature by nearly 100 degrees. Finished with X-Protect and X-Shield, your precious Stella is safeguarded from the harsh saltwater environment. With unmatched strength, reliability, and ease of use, picking up the Shimano Stella SW Spinning Reel is a no-brainer!
- Unmatched strength and reliability
- Infinity drive technology
- Please note: the 8000 models are for braided line use only
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- By combining our water repellent coating and our specially designed, water channeling, labyrinth construction, X Protect provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation.
- X-RIGID Rotor
- The Power Aluminum Body, X-RIGID Rotor, X-RIGID Bail and X-RIGID Handle combine to provide ultimate rigidity and eliminate loss of power caused by reel flex.
- X-TOUGH Drag
- X-TOUGH Drag with its dramatically enhanced smoothness, control and toughness anticipates the vigorous speed of Blue-Fin Tuna and Giant Tuna.
- Silent Drive
- From the fundamental, whole body design to the most intricate parts of the drive train, including the drive gear, wormshaft, wormshaft pin and wormshaft gear, every piece has been carefully reviewed, and the smallest clearance gaps and wobbles have been eliminated to the highest tolerances.
- Waterproof Drag
- With the use of rubber gaskets the drag is sealed against intrusion of the elements such as water and dust.
- Platinum Premier Service Plan
- With the Platinum Service Plan, when submitting your Warranty Registration card points, you will receive coupons for discounts on clean and lubes (from half off to free!) Also included are Priority Shipping labels guaranteeing 48-hour turn around time from Shimano or participating Shimano Authorized Warranty Centers.