Shimano Stella FJ Spinning Reel
The Shimano Stella FJ Spinning Reel features the smoothest, most efficient drivetrain with improved durability. Utilizing the Hagane concept, the precision cold-forged gear is extremely strong and durable while the highly rigid body eliminates distortion and flex during reeling. The Micro Module II gear has ultra-refined teeth to reduce noise and provide you with increased sensitivity without sacrificing strength. The Silent Drive redesigned gears and shafts to achieve more smoothness and silence.
For nearly five times more water resistance, X-Protect technology combines a water-repellent coating and water channeling labyrinth construction. The Stella FJ is sure to outlast, and feel as good as new, even after years of use. With a long stroke spool, tangle-proof rotor design, and many other new high-end features, the Shimano Stella FJ Spinning Reel is a one-of-a-kind reel, likely the last one you will need.
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- Shimano's proprietary surface treatment of the spool and body allow corrosion resistance more than double the conventional surface treatment.
- G Free Body
- G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Micro Module Gear II
- State-of-the-art, gear tooth surface design and MicroModule Gear II, are further advanced through Shimano's exclusive manufacturing technology. The surfaces of the drive gear and pinion gear have been analyzed and updated from the ground up in pursuit of perfection.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- Rigid Support Drag
- By strengthening the spool support of the main shaft, the play and fluctuation of the spool during drag operation are suppressed, allowing smooth drag delivery even under high load.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Silent Drive
- From the fundamental, whole body design to the most intricate parts of the drive train, including the drive gear, wormshaft, wormshaft pin and wormshaft gear, every piece has been carefully reviewed, and the smallest clearance gaps and wobbles have been eliminated to the highest tolerances.
- X-Shield & X-Protect combine to provide extreme water resistance in the harshest conditions.
Select from the models below
Ratings & Reviews
Best spinning reel ever made!
by Tom D -
I own the 3000 & the 5000. I've owned probably every Stella since the first one released in the late 90's. Nothing compares to this model. The casting ability, the bearings, the smoothness of your retrieve; no reel on the market compares. The price was also reduced from the last model (FE). One thing: I used the 2500 model for freshwater for about 20 years now, I recommend the 3000 because it has that better handle. It's not dramatically bigger than the 2500 and makes more sense for a wide variety of freshwater species. The 5000 is also excellent for medium to heavy saltwater fishing and should be at the top of your list when shopping for heavy, high end spinning reels.