Shimano Spheros SW Spinning Reel
Select from the models below
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
Shimano Spheros SW Spinning Reels have been engineered to handle the salt and take the knocks. With enhanced durability and Shimano's SW Concept, these reels offer even more angler confidence than ever before. Spheros SW reels combine features usually reserved for top-end reels, yet comes at a mid-range price.
Shimano Spheros SW Spinning Reels are constructed with X-SHIP gear systems to give anglers ultra-light handle rotation for greater power and efficiency with less effort. X-SHIELD provides extreme water resistance at all the necessary points throughout the reel. Shimano's CF Gear (cold-forged) delivers the toughness and performance that saltwater anglers require.
- Approved for saltwater
- These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool
- These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- X-Shield & X-Protect combine to provide extreme water resistance in the harshest conditions.