Shimano Sedona FI Spinning Reel
The Shimano Sedona FI Spinning Reel is a budget-friendly reel packed with technology and features. This reel will provide anglers with the power and strength to throw bigger baits and attract bigger fish. The Propulsion Line Management System and G-Free body delivers excellent line management to achieve extended casting and free of wind knots. The Shimano Sedona FI Spinning Reel will offer hours of fatigue-free fishing.
- Assorted models to cover light freshwater to heavier offshore species
- Single paddle handle on models SE1000FI and SE2500HGFI
- Power handle (on all except SE1000FI and SE2500HGFI)
- G Free Body
- G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- Normal oscillation systems use a constant rotation of the oscillation gear that, when translated to the cam, provides an inconsistent spool speed. This results in line lay that stacks at either end of the spool. By using an oval oscillation gear, we are able to alter the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.
Ratings & Reviews
by Ricky -
Lo uso para agua salada y asta ahora es exelente
Still haven’t fixed the “Shimano Sticking”
A nice little reel except that it suffers from the Shimano Sticking any time it gets slightly wet. A light rain or a heavy dew is enough moisture to make it stick to the point that it takes a ridiculous amount of effort to turn the handle. I had this reel on one of my finesse setups that I mostly use for Ned rigging, but it’s nonfunctional if it’s raining because you can’t power crank (required when it sticks) a finesse rig effectively. It’s not a lubrication issue; this is a known issue with Shimano’s spinning reels. It now sits in a closet as a backup gathering dust, because it rains a fair amount here and I need a reel that works in the normal range of weather conditions. Note: this was a reel purchased in 2019; I had heard Shimano supposedly fixed this problem (friction ring, possibly?) a few years ago but evidently not.
by Steelhead Guy
Love this reel for the money. I've owned several Sedonas over the years and had great success. For the money, they are hard to beat. Shimano certainly makes better reels but this is a great value product.