Shimano Sedona FI Spinning Reel
The Shimano Sedona FI Spinning Reel is a budget-friendly reel packed with technology and features. This reel will provide anglers with the power and strength to throw bigger baits and attract bigger fish. The Propulsion Line Management System and G-Free body delivers excellent line management to achieve extended casting and free of wind knots. The Shimano Sedona FI Spinning Reel will offer hours of fatigue-free fishing.
- Assorted models to cover light freshwater to heavier offshore species
- Single paddle handle on models SE1000FI and SE2500HGFI
- Power handle (on all except SE1000FI and SE2500HGFI)
- G Free Body
- G Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the anglers hand position, the G Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- Normal oscillation systems use a constant rotation of the oscillation gear that, when translated to the cam, provides an inconsistent spool speed. This results in line lay that stacks at either end of the spool. By using an oval oscillation gear, we are able to alter the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.