Shimano Saragosa SW A Saltwater Spinning Reel
Select from the models below
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
The Shimano Saragosa SW A Saltwater Spinning Reel claims to be one of the best saltwater reels in its class, and that declaration may very well be true! The Saragosa SW A comes with many innovative features, including Infinity Drive technology for more winding torque when under the stress of powerful fish at the end of your line. The HAGANE Body is already proven to be durable, just as the HAGANE Gear has already shown its worth for smooth-as-butter reeling. The Saragosa SW A Saltwater Spinning Reel is quite the workhorse! Additionally, the IPX8-rated waterproof body, waterproof Cross Carbon Drag system, water shields for bearings, and X-PROTECT water-resistant coating provide a high level of protection against damaging saltwater, so you can expect this spinning reel to last with proper care. Inshore or off, jigging for bottom feeders or casting to rovers, anglers can continue to depend upon the smooth power and durability of the Shimano Saragosa SW A Saltwater Spinning Reel!
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminate body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead, the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continue to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Infinity Drive
- The main shaft supporting structure improves winding torque while allowing incredibly smooth and light rotation. This essentially means having the benefit of a quick line retrieve HG ratio reel but with the power and winding torque similar to that of a PG.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations, it has been determined that this spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearings' rotation.
- By combining water-repellent coating and specially designed, water-channeling, labyrinth construction, X-PROTECT provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear is eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures and allow for longer casts.
- X-TOUGH Drag
- X-TOUGH Drag, with its dramatically enhanced smoothness, control, and toughness, anticipates the vigorous speed of blue-fin tuna and giant tuna.
- Manufacturer's one-year limited warranty