Shimano SLX MGL Low-Profile Casting Reel
The Shimano SLX MGL Low-Profile Casting Reel is the powerful, technologically advanced reel you’ve been searching for! Designed with Shimano’s Hagane Body, this fishing reel is stiff and impact resistant. The Hagane Body of the reel virtually eliminates body flex, making sure all your cranking power is put right where you need it! The Cross Carbon Drag System offers a wider range of drag settings with the smoothest drag performance ever! A new, lightweight MGL Spool works to reduce the moment of inertia, which means you can enjoy longer, more accurate casts!
No matter the lure size, the SLX MGL Low-Profile Casting Reel will help you achieve greater accuracy and your furthest casts yet! Shimano designed this baitcast reel series with their SVS Infinity braking system, which regulates the spools speed, so even with lighter lures, you can still enjoy enhanced precision. Living up to a long name of top-performing predecessors, the SLX MGL Low-Profile Casting Reel features Shimano’s SF Super Free Spool, which creates zero friction upon the spool shaft, giving you an unbelievably smooth feel! The Shimano SLX MGL Low-Profile Casting Reel will quickly rise to the top of your favorite reels!
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- MGL Spool
- The new, light weight Magnumlight (MGL) spool design, significantly reduces the moment of inertia, allowing anglers to experience greater casting distance and accuracy with a wider variety of lures.
- S3D Shimano Stable Spool Design
- Shimano's S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- SVS Infinity
- Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- SF Super Free Spool
- SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.