Shimano Nexave FE Spinning Reel
The Shimano Nexave FE Spinning Reel is an updated version of the popular Nexave FD, but now with a sleek, new body design and improved cosmetics. This lighter reel has increased its maximum drag so you can battle larger and tougher fish. It features a propulsion line management system that provides easy long distance casting while eliminating line difficulty for anglers. This reel is packed with power in an affordable and attractive package.
- Reduced weight
- Sleek, new body design
- Improved cosmetics with decorative spool cutting
- Higher maximum drag setting
- Increased handle length
- Delivers on longevity and robust construction
- Extremely affordable price
- AR-C Spool
- A patented spool design with a V-shape spool lip means line peels off the reel in smaller loops, resulting in longer and more accurate casts. The AR-C spool also minimizes the risk of backlash.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- Normal oscillation systems use a constant rotation of the oscillation gear that, when translated to the cam, provides an inconsistent spool speed. This results in line lay that stacks at either end of the spool. By using an oval oscillation gear, we are able to alter the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.