Shimano Metanium MGL Low-Profile Casting Reel - 2019
Select from the models below
The Shimano Metanium MGL Low-Profile Casting Reel is favored among professional bass anglers. This reel is lightweight and equipped with some of the best Shimano technology. The combined X-Ship and Micro Module gear technology generates a powerful, yet ultra-smooth gearing system. The SVS system offers better casting control and a wide range of casting adjustments. The Shimano Metanium MGL is an excellent choice for a wide range of presentations, conditions and species.
- Star Drag
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- MGL Spool
- The new, light weight Magnumlight (MGL) spool design, significantly reduces the moment of inertia, allowing anglers to experience greater casting distance and accuracy with a wider variety of lures.
- Micro Module Gear
- The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- SVS Infinity
- Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.