Shimano FX Spinning Reel
The Shimano FX Spinning Reel features a Propulsion Line Management System that provides longer casting distances and prevents backlashes and wind knots from forming. For a manageable cast, Varispeed Oscillation technology ensures an even line lay. The Fluidrive II gear increases the efficiency of the retrieve, while Dyna-Balance technology enhances sensitivity and smoothness. Super Stopper II technology utilizes a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This incredible, affordable reel will quickly become your favorite for walleye and smallmouth fishing.
- This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Fluidrive II
- Building upon the successes of Fluidrive, Fluidrive II features a large master gear polished using a wrapping process, increasing the efficiency of the retrieve.
- Power Roller
- Line twist arising from repeated casting and retrieving is reduced by as much as 50% on reels equipped with the Power Roller line twist reduction system. Power Roller's special grooved design assures the line will be wrapped on the spool to minimize unwanted loops and twists during the cast.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- Super Stopper II
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Normal oscillation systems use a constant rotation of the oscillation gear that, when translated to the cam, provides an inconsistent spool speed. This results in line lay that stacks at either end of the spool. By using an oval oscillation gear, we are able to alter the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.
Ratings & Reviews
Bought one of these the other day, not knowing if it was worth the price I paid, but after opening up the box and taking it out, MONEY WELL SPENT ! smooth as butter ! Can't wait til saturday night to try it out.. Showed it to my fishing buddy and he asked why I only bought 1 instead of 2..
Plastic...Need I say more
by Bertieboy -
I wouldn't recommend, the price is right, the brand name is right, but the reel just doesn't deliver. The exterior reel body or base is made of plastic and broke the first time I went out and had the pole leaning against the back of my pickup and fell over. The reel still works, but plastic is plastic and you get what you pay for.
Love Shimano, but this one fails in cold weather whereas other Shimano reels shine. Keep iy up Shimano!!
by Flathead -
Good for the kids in summer. My favorite reel of all reels is the Shimano-Sienna-RE-Rear-Drag-Spinning-Reel. Great product. https://www.fishusa.com/product/Shimano-Sienna-RE-Rear-Drag-Spinning-Reel You cant go wrong with this one. Fish on.
Good cheap reel for the money
by Captain Bob
I charter fish. It works good and if the customer drops it overboard your have only lost a cheap reel. l never had the reel fail.
Not bad for the price
Have fished two of these reels on and off for about seven years. Yes they are plastic but I have yet to have one break through hundreds of fishing trips. For a sub 20 dollar reel they are relatively smooth, cast good, and not prone to line twist.