Shimano Curado K Low-Profile Casting Reel
Select from the models below
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
The Shimano Curado K Low-Profile Casting Reel is lightweight yet designed to be aggressive and powerful. This reel is loaded with advanced technology, providing anglers with high-level performance all in one package. A stable spool design is used to create unrivaled balance with reduced vibration during casting. To make the Curado K even better, the combination of X-Ship and Micro Module gearing generates a powerful yet ultra-smooth gearing system. Get your Shimano Curado K Low-Profile Casting Reel today!
- These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- The ultimate in lightweight design.
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminate body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First Shimano increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, they have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- Micro Module Gear
- The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- S3D Shimano Stable Spool Design
- Shimano's S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin-wall aluminum-constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- SF Super Free Spool
- SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft, creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF, the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- Super Stopper
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- SVS Infinity
- Shimano's innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures and allow for longer casts.
- Manufacturer's one-year limited warranty
Ratings & Reviews
A remarkable piece of reel engineering
by iljFISH -
Just got one of these and I can report that the Curado K is the best level wind casting reel I've laid my hands on. It is perfectly crafted, with super smooth operation, low mass, positive engagement from anti-reverse to free spool and back, and an amazingly smooth and finely adjustable drag. With switchable centrifugal brake weights and its fine tension adjustment on the free spool it appears to be able to launch anything from a musky plug to a one eighth ounce spinner. I also like the subtle satin black finish, nicely understated, for a gimmick-free look.