Shimano Calcutta Conquest Round Casting Reel
Shimano Calcutta Conquest Round Casting Reel Models
Please Note: This item is not available for order outside of the United States.
The Shimano Calcutta Conquest Round Casting Reel series represents the core of Shimano's quality, versatility, and dependability. This benchmark round reel combines innovative technology and features that anglers want to see in a reel. Delivering premium performance, the Calcutta Conquest features the Micro Module Gear System for smooth retrieves, a Hagane body, Stable Spool Design to eliminate spool vibration, and SVS Infinity Brake System for cast control. The Shimano Calcutta Conquest is a perfect top-notch reel for a range of applications.
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- Shimano's S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- With the Platinum Service Plan, when submitting your Warranty Registration card points, you will receive coupons for discounts on clean and lubes (from half off to free!) Also included are Priority Shipping labels guaranteeing 48-hour turn around time from Shimano or participating Shimano Authorized Warranty Centers.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.