Shimano Calcutta Conquest A Round Casting Reel
The Shimano Calcutta Conquest A Round Casting Reel provides the precision and performance of its predecessor with added high-tech features and components. Current features included a synchronized levelwind, HG gear ratio, and an 8-pin VBS braking system. The Calcutta Conquest A still comes outfitted with the innovations of the original as well, such as Micro Module Gear System for smooth retrieves, Stable Spool Design to eliminate spool vibration, and a HAGANE body.
- S-Compact ergonomic body
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- The concept of COREPROTECT is simple... to provide water resistance without creating a heavy rotation feeling. There are three key areas of the reel that require protection; the roller clutch, the body and the line roller.
- E-Exciting Drag Sound
- The electronic sound is an audible drag sound from the reel when a fish makes a run. This creates a modern solution to the mechanical clicker while adding excitement to your day.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- Micro Module Gear II
- State-of-the-art, gear tooth surface design and MicroModule Gear II, are further advanced through Shimano's exclusive manufacturing technology. The surfaces of the drive gear and pinion gear have been analyzed and updated from the ground up in pursuit of perfection.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- SF Super Free Spool
- SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- S3D Shimano Stable Spool Design
- Shimano's S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.