Shimano Bantam MGL Low-Profile Casting Reel
Shimano Bantam MGL Low-Profile Casting Reels are lightweight and equipped with some of the best Shimano technology. The body is a solid one-piece aluminum construction that will provide anglers with a reliable, solid, and sturdy reel. The combined X-Ship and Micro Module gear technology generates a powerful, yet ultra-smooth gearing system. The SVS system offers better casting control and a wide range of casting adjustments. Bantam MGL Low-Profile Casting Reels will soon become a favorite among bass anglers for their smooth performance when casting and retrieving lures.
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- Core Solid Body
- Core Solid Body integrates the B-Side Plate, level wind guard and frame into a solid once piece construction. This delivers an unprecedented feeling of rigidity and sensitivity, and is the first design of this type in a low profile baitcast reel.
- HAGANE Body
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- Micro Module Gear
- The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- MGL Spool
- The new, light weight Magnumlight (MGL) spool design, significantly reduces the moment of inertia, allowing anglers to experience greater casting distance and accuracy with a wider variety of lures.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- S3D Shimano Stable Spool Design
- Shimano's S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- Silent Tune
- By applying a slight pressure to the bearing holding the spool, it reduces the vibration of the bearing during high speed rotation. This realizes further quietness improvement during casting. Rise of spool rotation has become even smoother.
- SVS Infinity
- Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.