Shimano Baitrunner D Series Spinning Reel
Shimano Baitrunner D Series Spinning Reels are classic Shimano reels that have been redesigned with new spinning reel technology and a modern, compact design. It still keeps it's secondary drag system that allows freespooling with the bail closed, resulting in excellent casting and high max drag with reduced backlash, wind knots, tangles, and friction on the line. Shimano Baitrunner D Series Reels feature Shimano's S-Concept, offering anglers smooth rotation and comfortable retrieve, coupled with excellent drag performance and longer casting distance. This leads to our smooth, flawless operation, silent and strong reels that are designed for years of fishing use.
Baitrunner D Series Spinning Reels also feature Varispeed oscillation for better line lay, SR one-piece bail wire, a cold-forged aluminum spool, a graphite frames and sideplate, Dartanium II drag washers and three shielded A-RB (anti-rust) ball bearings. Shimano's Propulsion line management system features a special spool and component design which helps line come off the spool more efficiently. This means smoother and longer casts, less line twist and no more wind knots, birdsnets or backlashes. The system also helps line lay on the spool more evenly so repetitive casting always has the same performance. Baitrunner Reels were designed for both saltwater and freshwater environments.
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Graphite frame and sideplate
- S-Concept: S-Rotor, S-Arm Cam, Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread-In Handle Attachment)
- Oversized Septon Grips for Power and Comfort
- WP Drag (Waterproof Drag)
- Machined Aluminum Handle
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool
- These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Fluidrive II
- Building upon the successes of Fluidrive, Fluidrive II features a large master gear polished using a wrapping process, increasing the efficiency of the retrieve.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Super Stopper II
- Uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- Normal oscillation systems use a constant rotation of the oscillation gear that, when translated to the cam, provides an inconsistent spool speed. This results in line lay that stacks at either end of the spool. By using an oval oscillation gear, we are able to alter the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.
Ratings & Reviews
Casting like silk and reels in like silk. No wobble. Worth the money