Shimano AX-ULSA Ultra Light Spinning Reel
The Shimano AX-ULSA Ultra Light Spinning Reel features strong front drags along with Shimano's Dyna Balance rotor design for smooth reeling without wobble. This ultra light reel features the classic Shimano styling and are long time favorites among ultra light anglers fishing for trout or panfish. The reel is also a great match for any ice fishing rod.
- Graphite frame, sideplate and rotor
- Aluminum spool
- Single ball bearing drive
- This feature eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Power Roller II
- Line twist arising from repeated casting and retrieving is reduced by as much as 50% on reels equipped with the Power Roller line twist reduction system. Power Roller's special grooved design assures the line will be wrapped on the spool to minimize unwanted loops and twists during the cast.
- Propulsion Line Management System
- The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Normal oscillation systems use a constant rotation of the oscillation gear that, when translated to the cam, provides an inconsistent spool speed. This results in line lay that stacks at either end of the spool. By using an oval oscillation gear, we are able to alter the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.
Ratings & Reviews
by king of slum -
nice reel for ice fishing
by Subman -
I have this reel on all my ice fishing rods. The drag works great in extreme cold weather and has never failed me.
Shimano AXLUSA does NOT have Quickfire feature
by fjs5252 -
If you look at the listing on the FishUSA website it says this real has the quickfire feature. It does not actually have that feature so I will be returning it. But, for what it's worth, the real seems quite well made, solid and smooth.
Very nice reel for the money!
by Ice Beard -
I have found this little reel to be perfect for ice fishing - jigging. I would have liked infinite anti-reverse...but for the money, you really can not go wrong!
Favorite UL reel
by Pork -
My favorite UL reel. Got another rod, needed another reel. These work as well on the ice as they do the rest of the year.
by Tim -
I wanted a nice light real for my ultralight ice fishing rod so I ordered this real. Great real for the money. I have been using Shimano reals for 30 years and still have some that are at least that old and work great. Very smoothe and work well in cold weather.
by PsychologicalPerch -
Very good reel for the price. The drag is very smooth and the reel is very light, therefore it creates perfect balance with any rod. The only difficulty is that the handle is a bit stubborn, but it is very easy to forget the flay considering that everything else is perfect.
by Ice Beard -
Great little ice fishing reel. I currently own two and will certainly purchase more for next year. My only comment would be...infinite anti-reverse would be nice, but for the money...you really can not go wrong!