Scientific Anglers Amplitude Bass Bug Fly Line
Select from the models below
The Scientific Anglers Amplitude Bass Bug Fly Line is for those fly anglers who love it when the weather heats up and the water turns warm in rivers, lakes, and ponds. This transition signals it's time to throw large air-resistant flies to bass! The Amplitude Bass Bug line features a specialized warm-weather coating built to withstand hot temperatures. Plus, you'll be able to keep your larger dry flies aloft on the water with help from the Floating Texture on the bass fly line's tip section. If you're among this group of passionate anglers who can't wait to throw articulated streamers, poppers, and big flies for bucketmouth and smallmouth bass, then the Scientific Anglers Amplitude Bass Bug Fly Line is made for you!
- Overweighted by two line sizes to assist in loading rods and turning over heavy rigs; use designated line weight for your rod
- Features a specialized warm-weather coating for fishing in high temperatures
- For use in moderate and hot climates
- Braided multifilament core
- AST Plus
- A new formulation of SA's patented dry-slick technology provides continual line slickness over the lifetime of the line. Up to 50% slicker than the original AST and 200% more durable than the competition. Fly lines with AST Plus cast farther, float higher, and stay cleaner than any other lines ever built.
- Camo Tip
- Camo technology creates a stealthy blend of muted colors on fly lines, providing much-needed stealth for wary fish, low-water situations, and any time an additional bit of deception is necessary.
- Floating Texture
- Featuring microreplication technology, the SA Floating Texture is a radical modification of typically smooth-surfaced fly lines. Its microtextured surface traps air to provide superior shootability and flotation while eliminating line flash and vastly reducing friction. Lines sit higher in the water, offering less drag and water spray, as well as easier mending, roll casting, and pick-ups.
- SAID Scientific Anglers Line Identification
- SAID is an innovative line-marking system allowing you to identify your lines at a glance. Wonder if a shooting head is 200 gr or a 300? Just look at the SAID. The SAID can be found on the first 1 - 2 ft. of the tip section of your line.
- Shooting Texture
- The Scientific Anglers Shooting Texture features precisely replicated hemispherical divots, similar to those found on a golf ball’s surface. This evolution of texturing technology has less texture on its surface so it feels like a traditional fly line but performs with the benefits of texturing. The result is a line that lasts longer, floats higher, casts easier, and, most importantly, fishes better.
- Tactile Reference Point
- The Tactile Reference Point is a non-embossed section of line where the end of the head meets the running line. This allows you to feel – and hear – the transition from textured technologies.
- Welded Loops
- Exceptionally slick and strong, Welded Loops produce smoother casts and easier turnover with a seamless fly-line-to-loop transition, making for softer landings and cleaner pickups. The sleek design also maintains buoyancy for improved fly-line flotation and enables quicker connections between fly line and leaders or fly line and backing.
The Scientific Anglers Amplitude Bass Bug Fly Line is made in the U.S.A.