Redington Vice Fly Outfit
Redington Vice Fly Outfit Models
The Redington Vice Fly Outfit is a complete classically-styled combo made to be a value for beginners and pros alike! The Vice series features carbon fiber blanks for maximum recovery for casts that allow for more accuracy and fly control! This complete outfit comes with a rod/reel case for safe transport to and from your favorite fishing spot.
- Reel: Redington i.D reel
- Prespooled with RIO Mainstream line
- Easy-casting fast action
- Anodized machined aluminum reel seat, ideal for all water conditions
- Laser-etched model reference on reel seat for quick rod identification
- Aluminum oxide stripping guides with ceramic inserts and hard wire anodized snake guides for durability
- Matte finish blank for flash reduction
- Fully protected cordura rod tube with dividers and reel case
- Warranty: Manufacturer's lifetime warranty
Ratings & Reviews
I have had this Redington Vice combo for years now, in 5-weight. It's my main fly fishing set up. I think it works well for the price. Worth the money.
This is a great outfit if you're looking for a either a good place to get started in fly fishing or an upgrade from your current setup. It comes with Rio's Mainstream Trout fly line, which for 75% of what I and most people do, is perfectly fine. The ID reel has a good enough drag to slow most fish, but longevity-wise, it's probably the first thing you'd want to replace. I have the 9' 7wt, and for most of my fishing (mostly steelhead and bass) it's very close to perfect.