RIO Skagit Series Skagit Max Short Shooting Head
Select from the models below
Cast large flies and fast sinking tips with ease using the RIO Skagit Series Skagit Max Short Shooting Head. Its unique weight distribution deeply loads rods for powerful casts, while the subtle taper design creates smooth, easy loops built for impressive distances. All RIO Skagit shooting heads are made with the ultra-low stretch ConnectCore for the maximum in casting and fishing sensitivity. For the RIO Skagit Series Skagit Max Short Shooting Head, RIO recommends using single-handed rods, switch rods, and spey rods less than 12 ft. in length for optimal results.
- For use on rods less than 12 feet in length
- Powerful front end for casting large flies and fast sinking tips
- ConnectCore - ultra-low stretch performance
- Extreme Slickness - ultra slick line with dirt-repelling tendencies
- For best performance, RIO recommends attaching the following head sizes to these shooting lines sizes
- 200 to 400 gr - 0.024/0.026 in. shooting line or 25 lb. SlickShooter/GripShooter
- 400 to 550 gr - 0.030/0.032 in. shooting line or 35 lb. SlickShooter/GripShooter
- 550 to 675 gr - 0.035/0.037 in. shooting line or 44 lb. SlickShooter/GripShooter
The RIO Skagit Series Skagit Max Short Shooting Head is made in the U.S.A.