Pro-Troll Black Box
Pro-Troll Black Box is a device used with a downrigger to place a very small electrical charge on a downrigger cable. Many species of fish are attracted to this charge including salmon, trout, halibut, sturgeon, shark and many others. The latest computer chip technology has allowed construction of a Black Box that has superior operating features but is substantially lower in cost than any other unit on the market.
The unit comes with the "Black Box Book." This book covers everything you need to know about how to test your boat and set up your Black Box. It explains the principles of the Black Box and why fish are attracted to a downrigger cable that gives off a small electric charge. The book also gives a step by step procedure you can use to determine if your boat attracts or repels fish, and explains how to optimize your boat's charge for each species of fish.
- 3 1/4" by 4 1/4" molded case with O ring seals
- Self contained 9 volt battery in a snap-in compartment on the back
- Plug and socket for 12 volt boat power
- Large 5/8" by 1 3/4" LCD voltage readout screen
- Dial on and off and voltage setting switch
- Voltage range: .001 volts to 1.000 volts
- Pocket type mounting case with adjustable viewing angle
- Mounting case can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- Black Box can be removed for storage
- Voltage accuracy +/- 1% at temperature range of 0 to 65 degrees Celsius
- Wire leads are #14 stranded copper with white cover
- Two curled contact sleeves are stainless steel
The Black Box package includes the following::
- Black Box unit and tilting mounting bracket
- Wire harness kit for two downriggers
- Two downrigger contact sleeves
- The Black Box Instruction Book
The Black Box comes with a one year manufacturer's warranty.