Okuma SST Salmon & Steelhead Spinning Rod
Select from the models below
Okuma SST Salmon & Steelhead Spinning Rods offer technique and species specific rods with premium IM-8 graphite blanks and components for the ultimate tool in a Salmon & Steelhead rod. SST Spinning Rods feature durable stainless steel guide frames with zirconium inserts great for use with monofilament, fluorocarbon and braided lines. The rods also feature quality, full cork grips with compressed cork butt caps and Fuji-style uplocking reel seats with custom graphite inserts that match the rod blank.
- Technique and species specific rod actions
- Sensitive IM-8 graphite rod blank construction
- Durable stainless steel guide frames
- Zirconium guide inserts reduce friction from braided lines
- Custom IM-8 graphite pipe reel seat
- Custom 1K woven carbon fiber pipe reel seat on model SST-S-802MH
- Michigan steelhead handle on MS models
- Premium cork fore and rear grips
- Integrated compressed cork butt cap, non skid surface
- Stainless steel hook keeper
- One year manufacturer's warranty
Ratings & Reviews
by Jeff rogers
This rod is brittle in the cold and its cold when we fish steelhead. Broke in two under first guide on tip end. thats under the wraping for the guide. Not even fishing just pullin line tight.
Not Reel Fast shipping as advertised
by Ken Miller
Ordered this rod 14 days ago still haven't received it, no tracking updates available. Asked for a new one to be sent out 4 days ago still nothing. I will be asking for a refund.
Salmon steelhead rod 8’6
Very nice pole for the money,use for salmon& steelhead on the river
by Daniel steel/salmon. -
This is a great rod for this kind of money, it has great casting ability and is very strong I purchased the float drifting SST-S-1062M rod and I like its action.
One word SWEET
by North Boston Bob -
Bought the SST S 1062ML to replace a more expensive float rod that is worn out after two seasons of steelhead fishing. Tried it out today on my favorite Lake Erie steelhead trib, steelies are gone, but the smallmouth bass gave me a good work out. Rod is very strong, flexible and has good power to easily handle 2-3 pound fish and it should also tame steelies. A real pleasure to use and I would recommend it for stream fishing. And as usual, great service from FishUSA.