Okuma Avenger B Spinning Reel
The Okuma Avenger B Spinning Reel offers a tremendous value in durable, super-smooth six ball-bearing front drag reels. Okuma increased the spool capacities while decreasing its overall weight. This reel is comparable with other brands priced much higher than the Avenger B.
- Six ball bearings
- QuickSet anti-reverse bearing
- RES II Rotor Equalizing System
- Lightweight, 2-tone aluminum spool
- Elliptical Gearing System
- Precision, machine cut brass pinion gear
- High quality Japanese oiled felt drag washers
- Blade body design
- Corrosion resistant graphite body and rotor construction
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel bail wire
- EFR II line roller
- Reversible right and left hand retrieve
- Standard handle grips on models AV-10b through AV-30b
- T-shaped handles on models AV-35b through AV-80b
Ratings & Reviews
by matt -
Great Product. Does its job well.
NEW DESIGN RULES
by iMPOUNDING R U -
The very first time out with this 55 avenger b i caught a 8lb walleye out of lake Arthur. I was very impressed with the drag,and the amount of line that can be picked up fast with this reel.
30b - Light reel, works good so far
by YogibearAl -
I've been wanting something inexpensive for the kids and myself to use at the local lake and occassional light pier fishing in the Puget Sound. The generally good reviews and the deal for the free Okuma hoody sealed the deal. Now to the actual reel, comparing this with my old Shimano Sienna 4000 FB at about the same price point, this reel is neither smooth or precise, but it is considerably lighter and after a little break-in did seem to smoothen out a little. There is an annoying resistance in the gear on every rotation. There is a bit of play between the handle and the gears inside, so tolerances are not great. Rotor is off balance when spinning fast, but in real life you likely won't spin it that fast. Drag is very smooth for a felt disks. May upgrade to carbontex in the future. Overall, not a bad reel for general use at the price point. There are smoother reels at the same price point, but materials used in this reel should last.
nice reel for steelhead in the streams
by Hammerhead -
Use this reel for ice fishing strictly walleye.Has a great drag and does not freeze. Catching 6-10 lb walleye and love the drag.