While you move in and out of your kayak or boat to pursue your next big catch, NRS Backwater Wetshoes will keep you dry. A valuable asset to kayak anglers, the Backwater Wetshoes are built for comfort and protection while you're wading, launching, portaging, and landing. The high-top, low-profile design provides maximum protection and utility in the water. The gusset-backed side-entry zipper makes these shoes easy to take on and off, with or without a wetsock.
- High-top, low profile design provides maximum warmth and protection during long days in the water
- Durable 3 mm ToughTex neoprene insulation through the instep and front of ankle
- Custom NRS non-marking rubber compound for maximum wet traction
- 3 mm Airprene around the sides and back of the ankle provide slight ventilation and breathability
- Gusset-backed side-entry zipper makes the Backwater easy to slip on, whether you're barefoot or wearing a wetsock
- Anatomically shaped toe box lets your toes move freely for superior comfort all day
Taking off wet neoprene boots can be a pain in the hind end. Having a side zip shoe like this is the best option I've seen to combat the humidity and that foot suck that makes you struggle to rem… Read More
Taking off wet neoprene boots can be a pain in the hind end. Having a side zip shoe like this is the best option I've seen to combat the humidity and that foot suck that makes you struggle to remove your neoprene after a long day on the water. The velcro over flap is also a nice touch to keep your zipper from getting caught up in a pant leg and then loosening up. Another big plus for me is that the NRS Backwater is protective yet breathable at the same time. These wetshoes aren't meant to keep you bone dry. The design is for tolerable water temps but you won't get swamp feet either. It's a good combination of circulation and thermal water heating. Probably the most surprising thing to me was the comfort. On one of my test trips out I actually got out of the kayak and bank stomped for a couple of hours. I wore the Backwater shoes and they were really comfortable. The tread was nice and gripping on the wet rocks.