Jackson YuPIK Fishing Kayak 2022
Kayaks are subject to a handling fee that will be shown in cart and also have an additional $250 shipping fee when shipped to WA, OR, CA, NV, AZ, NM, TX, UT, CO, WY, MT, ND, SD, or ID. Please call our Customer Service Team to place an order to these states. Kayaks do not qualify for expedited shipping.
Jackson YuPIK Fishing Kayak - 2022 Models
The Jackson YuPIK Fishing Kayak - 2022 builds upon its previous iteration by adding a 1x YakAttack Omega Rod Holder, a stand-assist strap, a long load safety flag for the road, and tosses in a 5 in. JK decal for good measure as part of the standard features. YuPIK, named after the native Alaskan peoples who coined the term kayak (qayaq), already supplies loads of fishing accessories.
Bow to stern track systems, rigging solutions and molded-in storage pockets throughout the entirety of the boat translate to complete control to rig your kayak without limitation. Large, open bow and stern areas accommodate soft goods like tents, dry bags, decoy bags, and more. The YuPIK includes a Strap Down Gear Track for a secure storage, plus offers a first-of-its-kind moving standing pad system. Discover the fishing boat that allows for a more customizable setup. The YuPIK Fishing Kayak is among the most versatile kayaks available!
- Molded-in bow and stern handles
- makes moving kayak from one destination to another easier, and provides secure tie down points
- designed with stability in mind; open deck provides stability for anglers of all levels
- Paddle Keeper
- Hypalon keeper stores your paddle out of the way but close when you need it quickly
- Bow Storage
- scooped bow allows easier storage of soft goods, such as dry bags or camping gear; works well with strap down gear track system to help optimize storage; dimensions of storage area are 27 in. x 20 in.
- Rod Staging Station
- truly universal staging solution from YakAttack works flawlessly with spinning, casting, and fly rods; multiple modes allow anglers to easily stage rods for quick access or lock them down for security
- Comfort Seat
- design features generously padded seat and an ergonomic back that is great for many hours of use on the water
- full standing pad, for comfort and additional quietness while sight fishing and casting
- Stern to Bow Track
- stern to bow track system utilizes three single pieces of track along the cockpit rim and floor; this allows for complete customization and to trim as needed to accommodate a heavy load
- Scupper Hole
- front scupper hole accommodates many large transducer sizes, making installing a fish finder easy
- Gear Tracks for 360 storage
- located around the YuPik so you can mount additional rod holders, fish finders, camera mounts, and other accessories
- Lure Staging Area
- seat side lure storage keeps hooks embedded and secure when you are in a hurry
- Tackle Storage
- four spots along sidewalls to store small tackle boxes
- Tankwell Storage
- measures 19.25 in. x 14.75 in.
- Battery Storage
- padded battery area makes keeping your ride powered up simple and easy with attachment points close by to keep it secured; Dimensions are 9 1/8 in. x 5 3/8 in.
- Power Pole Anchor Assembly Area
- four easy molded screw-in points to attach Power Pole Micro Anchor System
- Replaceable skid plates protect hull of kayak
- 1 Yakattack Omega Rod Holder
- Long load safety flag
- Stand-Assist Strap
- 5 in. JK sticker
- Manufacturer's limited warranty
Ratings & Reviews
Good, Not Great
I like most of the features of this kayak. I would say the most impressive thing is how comfortable the seat is compared to anything I've used in the past.
The hall also appears to be very tough and made of high-quality materials.
I did find some of the screws that were holding the track down to be loose.
Note that the boat does not come with a cup holder and pouch for the seat like the video shows on Jackson's website.
At 6'7" 325, this kayak is moderately stable while sitting in the hi position but definitely lacks stability while standing.
It would be nice if the hull had a few access points for running wiring for electronics.