Jackson MayFly Fishing Kayak
The Jackson MayFly Fishing Kayak was specifically designed for fly fishermen looking to take to the water! The MayFly's hull has been designed to handle the waters that fly fishermen love, tropical flats, slow-moving rivers, lakes, and ponds. The design optimizes the kayaks speed, maneuvering, and stability, making it perfect for fly fishermen. Fly fishing presents its own set of challenges, especially when it comes to your line and avoiding any tangles or snags. The standing area has been maximized so you can cast with ease and without catching any parts of the kayak! The MayFly has also been outfitted with snag-free footrests.
The MayFly is not only built to make casting for fly fishing easier, but it also is made to haul all the needed gear! The MOLLE lining along the back of the seat can be customized with extra storage or accessories. Jackson added a unique molded rod tub that is made with fly rods in mind. The large stern well is perfect for a cooler and other needed tackle you want to keep close. Jackson also added a quick access fly patch so you can easily get to your flies. Take your fly fishing to the next level with the Jackson MayFly Fishing Kayak!
- Ergo Seating System With MOLLE
- Snag free wide open standing area
- Snag free one-piece foot brace system with line anchor to secure fly line while paddling
- Large stern well designed for Orion 25 Cooler
- Snag free bungee flip down fly box holders lined with foam
- Storage for fly gear like nippers, forceps and tippet
- Integrated fly patch for quick access to flies
- Bow hatch storage bin for fly vests, hip packs, or others items for easy access when wade fishing
- Aluminum accessory tracks for mounting accessories or a casting brace
- Raymarine transducer scupper
- Standing pad
- Specialized fly rod storage with molded-in reel pockets that allow for forward or reverse rod storage
- Rod butt props to help with line tangles
- Hatch Bin
- This handy front hatch bin keeps items in your front hatch right where they should be – accessible.
- Improved Front Hatch, Including Hypalon Paddle Blade Keeper
- The new JK hatch now comes with heavy duty latches. Tuck your paddle blade under this Hypalon keeper to get it out of the way but still in arm’s reach – snag-free for your treble hooks! Resistant to UV damage and temperature extremes, this material will keep your paddle safe.
- Molded Rod Tubes
- Sealed, molded-in rod tip tubes now offer the ultimate protection for your rods.
- Single Piece Foot Brace
- Fully adjustable foot brace, snag-free with gear track and integrated fly patch on top.
- Tumbler/Cup Holder
- You can stash your Nalgene bottle here, drop in a can or use it to hold onto loose gear in your boat.
- Standing Pad
- Full standing pad for comfort and additional quiet while sight fishing and casting.
- Fly Box Storage
- Encased, flush, hatched and easily accessible storage for fly boxes and fly tools.
- Padded Reel Stager
- For those times when you need to set down your rod for a quick minute, our foam cradled cushion will protect your reel and keep it from scaring away your quarry.
- Seat Stash Sliding Tray
- Keep soft plastics, terminal tackle, pliers, knives, Plano boxes, and other items you need where you need them with our padded Seat Stash Sliding Tray. Slide-out from under the seat to access the contents of the tray and conveniently back and out of the way. One of the two compartments accommodates two 3600 series Plano boxes with bungee for additional security. Recesses on both sides of the front compartment allow easy under-seat rod butt staging.
- Hi Lo Ergo Seat Frame with MOLLE System
- Our Ergo Seat Cover features MOLLE compatible webbing on the rear of the seat, and a removable MOLLE panel underneath, along with all-day comfort on the water. A new custom MOLLE pouch for tackle comes standard (on certain models), and now you can customize both behind and under your seat for tackle and gear management with the myriad of MOLLE compatible attachments readily available on the market. Also features a Thermarest backrest for additional support and comfort.
- Gear Tracks
- Located on both sides, front and rear of the MayFly, these gear tracks are built into the kayak in easily accessible locations for adding accessories and RAM Mounts.
- Fly Reel Pocket
- Safe resting place for your fly reels that allows for storage of rods up to nine feet in length.
- Flush Mount Rod Holders
- Two flush mounted rod holders behind the seat for easy access.
- Molded In Handle
- Stern handle is molded in for comfort and ease of transport. The handle also serve as a great way to lock down your kayak in your car, truck or trailer to prevent theft.
- PowerPole Ready
- Four easy molded in screw points are ready for easy installation of the PowerPole Micro Anchor system.
Jackson MayFly Fishing Kayak is made in the U.S.A.