Jackson Coosa HD Fishing Kayak
The Jackson Coosa HD Fishing Kayak was made for those that prefer to stand in their kayaks to fish. The hull is just slightly larger than other members of the Coosa family, making it the most stable of the line. The floor is matted with a double layer standing mat, which not only is made to keep you comfortable but also to help muffle any noise from you shifting. Jackson added a rod butt stager so you can easily untangle lures or line by placing the butt of the rod in the stager, which means your rod won't take and accidental swim.
The Coosa HD is made to fit everything you may need for a day, or even several, out on the water. The hull storage is open so you can fit camping gear and all your tackle neatly away. The smaller day hatch is perfect for everything you want to keep at hand, such as your phone to snap a picture of that next trophy catch! There is open room for coolers and tackle boxes in the rear tank well, which sits right up against the seat. Comfort is important, so Jackson added Therm-a-Rest lumbar support to the seat, which is also removable and makes for a great pillow! Standing or sitting, the Jackson Coosa HD Fishing Kayak will get you out to those perfect fishing spots!
- Rod Butt Stager
- Two raised areas next to the bow handle were designed as a spot to place your rod butt when needing to untangle rods/lures and keep your rod butt from sliding into the water.
- PowerPole, Micro Anchor ready
- Ergonomic Handles
- Ergonomic Handles with added grip textured inserts help you keep good contact when carrying your kayak, even when wet. Also, there is no fabric to ensure snag-proof days on the water.
- Rod Tip Protector
- Dual Rod Tip Protectors ensure that your delicate rod tips aren’t snagged by a passing tree limb.
- Hypalon Paddle Keeper
- Tuck your paddle blade under this Hypalon keeper to get it out of the way yet still in easy reach – snag-free to avoid treble hook trouble. Resistant to UV damage and temperature extremes, this material will keep your paddle safe and secure.
- Hull Design
- Shaped slightly longer for more speed, plenty of rocker for maneuverability, and a wider hull that creates a much more stable and standing-friendly kayak. The wider hull also creates more standing deck space.
- Updated Hinging Hatches
- The hatches on the Coosa HD are now snag-free and easier to access than ever! We’ve replaced bungee with hinged hatches fore and aft, making the hatches easy to open with a single hand.
- Updated Center Console
- The center hatch on the Coosa HD has received an upgrade! A twist of the knob on the deck frees the hatch and opens to reveal ample storage for small, loose items, including snacks and batteries for your electronics. Small, oval semi-dry day hatch keeps small items in easy reach and isolated. The entire console can be removed with a few twists of a Philips head screwdriver to open additional deck space if desired.
- Omega Rod Holder with Track Mounted LockNLoad Mounting System
- New for 2019, this truly universal rod staging solution from YakAttack works flawlessly with spinning, casting, larger conventional reels, and yes – even fly rods of all sizes. A 360-degree rotating collar offers the ability to secure the rod by capturing the reel quickly and allows spinning reels to be stowed in the natural downward position, not hung off the side. Multiple modes allow anglers to easily stage rods for quick access or lock them in for maximum security.
- Adjustable Ergonomic Foot Pegs
- Making the boat functional for paddlers of all sizes. The foot pegs adjust easily and have a soft rubber coating that will keep you comfortable all day.
- Day Hatch
- More storage in easy reach of the paddler, great spot for smaller items like keys, phone, or wallet.*It is always a great idea to keep your important items in a completely waterproof container.
- Orion Tumbler
- Now included with this model will be the Orion Cooler Tumbler, a 27 oz brushed stainless steel double-wall tumbler that will keep cool drinks cool and warm drinks warm. Great for a morning coffee, day on the water, or an evening beverage around the campfire, the tumbler is a popular choice for liquid temperature management.
- Gear Tracks
- Located on both sides, in the front and rear of the kayak, the Yakattack gear tracks are built-in to the kayak in easily accessible locations for adding accessories and RAM Mounts.
- Transducer Scupper
- A centrally located over-sized scupper that is large enough to recess transducers for easy installation and protection.
- Two-Layer Standing Pad
- NEW Two-Layered Standing pad. Great for sound dampening and super comfortable for standing and fishing.
- Heavy duty seat attachment buckle
- Durable and tough attachment that will outlast all the use and abuse you can manage, season after season. Keeps your seat locked in position and makes you feel connected to the kayak.
- Rod Stagers
- Securing rods at arms reach is always an important feature for any fishing kayak. We have easy-access rod securing via our rod staging system shown here. You can clearly see how the bungee holds down your rod butts right at arms reach.
- Elite Premium Seating System With MOLLE
- New for 2019 is an updated Seat Cover, complete with MOLLE compatible webbing on the rear of the seat, and a removable MOLLE panel underneath. A new custom MOLLE pouch for tackle comes standard (on certain models), and now you can customize both behind and under your seat for tackle and gear management with the myriad of MOLLE compatible attachments readily available on the market.
- Therm-a-Rest Lumbar Support
- Therm-a-Rest lumbar support is adjustable and removable, and makes for a great camp pillow.
- MOLLE Snap Seatback Pouch
- New for 2019, this MOLLE seatback pouch makes accessing behind seat contents a breeze. Fully MOLLE-compatible, pouch snaps off easily to reload for those days on the go and easily accommodates two 3600 series Plano boxes.
- Large rear tankwell with bungee to put and secure gear, coolers or tackle. The Coosa HD also has a unique moveable bungee system. Both sides have YakAttack Gear Tracks with thumb screws that allow you to customize your tankwell.
- Flush Mount Rod Holders
- Easily reachable rod holders for the rear paddler, super secure for targeting larger fish.
- Hinged Hatches
- Both bow and stern hatches are vastly improved, with an awesome hinged systems for opening. They are also lockable, keeping your gear safe. Front hatch has a paddle scoop for quick and easy paddle storage when fighting a fish.
- Hull Storage
- Open hull space that allows for safe storage of fishing rods, camping gear, PFD’s, dry bags, etc.. A great way to keep your gear safe when traveling and generous volume allows you to pack enough gear for expedition paddling.
- Drag Chain Chute
- Whether you’re taking your Coosa HD on a river, lake, pond or saltwater most fishing applications require a way to stop or slow down. The HD comes equipped with a molded in ‘drift chamber’, a channel for drag chains/anchor to be used smoothly without installing any additional parts.
- Removable skid plate
- We protect the biggest wear area on the kayak with the skid plate. Your keel will last season after season with this smart feature.
Jackson Coosa HD Fishing Kayak is made in the U.S.A.
Ratings & Reviews
HD- More stable, better tracking, great seat.
The HD was of great interest to me, as I am a bigger angler (5'10" 235lbs) and a lot of my paddling season is on colder water. I wanted the extra stability and the longer length was nice for speed on windy days. I did find that the redesigned hull did seem to track better on flatwater, than the older version that I had demoed. Although I had done my research on the finer points of this model, it was 'Jackson's' seat that had me looking to this manufacture over others. I can fish all day without any discomfort, hell I just really enjoy sitting in that thing. Love that they are made in the USA.
True Fishing Machine.
by Justin H
The Coosa HD is an Ideal kayak for any type of water honestly. It is great in lakes and ponds, but truly excels in rivers. It is super stable and made to be maneuverable. it is built to be a true fishing machine. and with Jacksons seat, there is nothing more comfortable. Check it out.