Jackson Big Rig FD Pedal Fishing Kayak
We know your heart lies out on the water, rediscover your love for the water with the Jackson Big Rig FD Pedal Fishing Kayak! This kayak is a fan favorite with the addition of the Flex Drive 3D, a pedal drive system. The Big Rig FD also has an integrated rudder control system, so you can make precision turns while pedaling. Navigate the water with ease, the pedal drive system combined with the upgraded hull for better maneuvering. You'll be finding those secret spots in no time!
Equipped with plenty of cargo space and a comfortable seat, you can put in hours of kayaking in comfort! The front and rear are both equipped with cargo hatches so you can bring rods, tackle, camping gear, everything you need! The hatches have easy-open latches, so no matter what you are storing, you can access it fast! The Big Rig FD Pedal Fishing Kayak is loaded up with gear tracks so you can accessorize all you want and create a truly one of king kayak! We know you love the water, but now you get to see it in a whole new way with the Jackson Big Rig FD Pedal Fishing Kayak!
- Improved Hull Design
- The original Big Rig was a favorite for its stability, but it lacked maneuverability and speed. The Big Rig HD/FD has all this and more included in the updated hull design.
- Rod-Friendly Deck Geometry
- Unique contours on deck let you set your rods down to make quick adjustments while keeping them close at hand.
- Omega Rod Holder with Track Mounted LockNLoad Mounting System
- This truly universal rod staging solution from YakAttack works flawlessly with spinning, casting, larger conventional reels, and yes – even fly rods of all sizes. A 360 degree rotating collar offers the ability to quickly secure the rod by capturing the reel, and allows spinning reels to be stowed in the natural downward position, not hung off the side. Multiple modes allow anglers to easily stage rods for quick access or lock them in for maximum security.
- Bigger Rod Trough
- The original Big Rig rod tough has received an upgrade! Increased width means more rods can be secured in the trough.
- Integrated Rudder Control System
- Our integrated rudder control system allows precise direction correction while pedaling and can be operated with left, right, or both controls.
- Two-Tiererd Rod Stagers
- Two of our innovative rod stagers are included with the Big Rig HD/FD, making it easy to secure both rod butts and tips while preventing tangles.
- Fly Reel Pocket
- Safe resting place for your fly reels that allows for storage of rods up to nine feet in length.
- Hinged Rear Hatch
- Large rear hatch features easy-opening latches.
- MOLLE Snap Seatback Pouch
- This MOLLE seatback pouch makes accessing behind seat contents a breeze. Fully MOLLE-compatible, pouch snaps off easily to reload for those days on the go and can hold two 3600 series Plano boxes and more.
- High Hi Lo Ergo Seat Frame with MOLLE System
- Our Ergo Seat Cover features MOLLE compatible webbing on the rear of the seat, and a removable MOLLE panel underneath, along with all-day comfort on the water. A new custom MOLLE pouch for tackle comes standard (on certain models), and now you can customize both behind and under your seat for tackle and gear management with the myriad of MOLLE compatible attachments readily available on the market. This seat sits higher than our traditional ‘high’ position on other fishing kayaks, improving ergonomics for ease of pedaling.
- Hinged Prop Cover
- Cover seals when drive unit is deployed and automatically raises when drive is retracted.
- Transducer Scupper
- Two front scupper holes accommodate many transducer sizes, making installation of fish finder units a breeze.
- Flex Drive 3D System
- Our new Flex Drive 3D is the product of two years of constant evolution in three key components: power, propulsion, and steering. This drive system is smooth and requires minimal effort to get to top speed. Because the drive shaft is flexible, adapting to shallow water and submerged obstacles is not a problem. Can be outfitted with our optional Flex Drive E motor system – swapping from pedal to power is only two thumbscrews away.
- Hatch Bin
- This handy front hatch bin keeps items in your front hatch right where they should be – accessible.
- Improved Front Hatch, Including Hypalon Paddle Blade Keeper
- The new JK hatch now comes with heavy-duty latches. Tuck your paddle blade under this Hypalon keeper to get it out of the way but still in arm’s reach – snag-free for your treble hooks! Resistant to UV damage and temperature extremes, this material will keep your paddle safe.
- Gear Tracks
- Located on both sides, front and rear of the Big Rig HD/FD, these gear tracks are built into the kayak in easily accessible locations for adding accessories and RAM Mounts.
- Integrated Paddle Clip
- Keep your paddle close, yet out of the way with our paddle clip system. Install on either side of your Big Rig HD/FD.
- Flush Mount Rod Holders
- Two flush mounted rod holders behind the seat for easy access. Great for trolling for big fish!
- PowerPole Ready
- Four easy molded-in screw points are ready for easy installation of the PowerPole Micro Anchor system.
Jackson Big Rig FD Pedal Fishing Kayak is made in the U.S.A.
Ratings & Reviews
Its a BEAST!!!
by Jamie Broad
This is the best tournament kayak on the market. Its stable in rough windy conditions. It has more storage than I will ever use. With combining the pedal drive and an electric motor. Its unstoppable!!! I have owned many kayaks over the years this is my favorite one by far.
<br>This kayak handles so easy my 9 year old daughter can take it out with no problems. She has already told me she wants one for Christmas.
My Favorite Kayak
All around my favorite boat in the Jackson line-up. If your looking for stability and high weight capacity this is the boat for you. First thing i noticed when using this boat was how well it tracked and maintained a good cruising speed despite its size. The biggest advantage overall is Jackson's drive. No need to worry about breaking your prop or bending anything. Drive pops up when hitting any obstacle and is also accessible to remove grass and other debree.
Love my Jackson Big Rig FD after just one time in the water. Raced my neighbor in his Hobie12 and stayed right with him. He was impressed with the speed it generates. I already had a trailer to haul it in, but also added a Boonedox Groovy Landing gear after one time lugging it through my yard. It truly is a hefty beast.