Jackson Big Rig FD Pedal Fishing Kayak
We know your heart lies out on the water, rediscover your love for the water with the Jackson Big Rig FD Pedal Fishing Kayak! This kayak is a fan favorite with the addition of the Flex Drive 3D, a pedal drive system. The Big Rig FD also has an integrated rudder control system, so you can make precision turns while pedaling. Navigate the water with ease, the pedal drive system combined with the upgraded hull for better maneuvering. You'll be finding those secret spots in no time!
Equipped with plenty of cargo space and a comfortable seat, you can put in hours of kayaking in comfort! The front and rear are both equipped with cargo hatches so you can bring rods, tackle, camping gear, everything you need! The hatches have easy-open latches, so no matter what you are storing, you can access it fast! The Big Rig FD Pedal Fishing Kayak is loaded up with gear tracks so you can accessorize all you want and create a truly one of king kayak! We know you love the water, but now you get to see it in a whole new way with the Jackson Big Rig FD Pedal Fishing Kayak!
- The Big Rig HD has an improved hull design that improves stability, maneuverability, and speed!
- The New Flex Drive 3D is the product of two years of constant evolution in three key components: power, propulsion, and steering. This drive system is smooth and requires minimal effort to get up to top speed. Because the drive shaft is flexible, adapting to shallow water and submerged obstacles is not a problem. Can be outfitted with the optional Flex Drive E motor system (sold separately.)
- Provides the ability to convert from a pedal-driven kayak to paddle-driven kayak by dropping in the alternate pod (sold separately.)
- Integrated rudder control can be controlled with left, right, or both hands with precise direction correction while pedaling.
- Cover seals when drive unit is deployed and automatically raises when the drive is retracted.
- Rear Transducer Scupper (11 in. x 3 in.) located behind the pod and under the seat accommodates many transducer sizes, making installing a fish finder unit a breeze. Scupper holes on either side of the pod are 2 in. diameter each.
- Two additional Scupper holes behind the seat are 6 in. x 2.5 in.
- Pre-installed pass-through makes running electronics easier
- PowerPole Ready with four easy molded bolt points for easy installation of the PowerPole Micro Anchor system, Torqeedo mount, or any other accessories that utilize this four-bolt pattern
- Gear tracks are built into both sides, front, and rear of the kayak which provides easily accessible locations for adding accessories and RAM mounts.
- Integrated Paddle Clip keeps your paddle close, yet out of the way with our paddle clip system. Install on either side of your Big Rig HD.
- Hypalon Paddle Keeper allows you to tuck your paddle blade out of the way but still in arm’s reach. Snag-free for your treble hooks!
- Ergo Seat Cover, complete with MOLLE compatible webbing on the rear of the seat, and a removable MOLLE panel underneath. The seat sits higher than our traditional "high" position on other fishing kayaks, improving ergonomics for ease of pedaling or paddling. The seat and seat cover are replaceable.
- MOLLE seatback pouch for tackle comes standard. Fully MOLLE-compatible, the pouch snaps off easily to reload for those days on the go and can hold two 3600 series Plano boxes and more.
- Handy front hatch bin now comes with heavy-duty latches. Resistant to UV and temperature extremes, this material will keep your paddle safe.
- Large (19 in. x 18.5 in.) rear tankwell can hold either Jackson's Orion 25 or Orion 35 cooler easily (sold separately.)
- Large rear hatch with easy-opening latches.
- Rod-Friendly Deck Geometry has unique contours to let you set your rods down to make quick adjustments while keeping them close at hand.
- Storage for four rods with extended reach for fly rods as well.
- Yak Attack Omega Rod Holder is a truly universal rod staging solution that works flawlessly with spinning, casting, larger conventional reels, and yes – even fly rods of all sizes. Multiple modes allow anglers to easily stage rods for quick access or lock them in for maximum security.
- Two flush mounted rod holders behind the seat for easy access. Great for trolling for big fish!
- Safe resting place for your fly reels that allows for storage of rods up to nine feet in length.
- Also comes with a long load flag and 5 in. JK sticker
The Jackson Big Rig FD Pedal Fishing Kayak is made in the U.S.A.
Ratings & Reviews
Its a BEAST!!!
by Jamie Broad
This is the best tournament kayak on the market. Its stable in rough windy conditions. It has more storage than I will ever use. With combining the pedal drive and an electric motor. Its unstoppable!!! I have owned many kayaks over the years this is my favorite one by far.
This kayak handles so easy my 9 year old daughter can take it out with no problems. She has already told me she wants one for Christmas.
My Favorite Kayak
All around my favorite boat in the Jackson line-up. If your looking for stability and high weight capacity this is the boat for you. First thing i noticed when using this boat was how well it tracked and maintained a good cruising speed despite its size. The biggest advantage overall is Jackson's drive. No need to worry about breaking your prop or bending anything. Drive pops up when hitting any obstacle and is also accessible to remove grass and other debree.
Love my Jackson Big Rig FD after just one time in the water. Raced my neighbor in his Hobie12 and stayed right with him. He was impressed with the speed it generates. I already had a trailer to haul it in, but also added a Boonedox Groovy Landing gear after one time lugging it through my yard. It truly is a hefty beast.