Garmin GPSMAP 8622 MFD with Mapping
The Garmin GPSMAP 8622 MFD with Mapping is for those who are ready to install the marine electronics suite that their vessel deserves. You start with a 22-inch multifunction display in full HD with touchscreen control. The anti-glare display makes viewing easy under the full sun with automatic dimming for seeing in low light conditions. The In-plane switching (IPS) LCD display — claimed to be a first in the industry class — gives color consistency when viewed from all angles. The display is equipped with a standard USB touch output and you can connect for use as a touchscreen monitor for Windows and Mac operating systems. Easily access information via additional displays you can mount flush to the helm.
Sportfishing anglers will appreciate the Quickdraw Contours software already installed on the GPSMAP 8622 for the purpose of creating fishing maps down to one-foot contours. No special surveying experience is required – you fish while the program creates the map! You own these charts, and there is no need to send the files elsewhere else first! Enhance your fishing experience with these maps immediately while using any Garmin Panoptix, any HD-ID, any CHIRP-enabled, Garmin ClearVü transducer, or NMEA 2000-compatible depth transducer (transducers sold separately). If you're running more than one transducer at a time, then the Quickdraw program defaults to the sonar device which will produce the best results!
The GPSMAP 8622 is preloaded with BlueChart g3 (U.S. and Western Canada coastal maps) and LakeVu g3 (inland maps) and provides extended memory for accessory maps such as BlueChart g3 and BlueChart g3 Vision with Navionics data. Garmin's Auto Guidance technology is present to suggest destination routes based upon your boat's specs. Further, your position and heading are refreshed 10x per second because of the 10 Hz GPS so you can quickly and easily mark up to 5,000 accurate waypoints and find the way back to them. The Garmin mapping system harmonizes sonar, autopilot, connectivity, apps, engine data, and multimedia technologies together. Further, you can automatically sync user data for all networked 8400/8600 series chartplotters across multiple helms — all on one screen. Full-network compatibility opens more opportunities for your boat. GPSMAP 8622 supports radar, autopilot, instruments, multiple screens, the FUSION-Link entertainment system, sensors, remote sonar modules, digital switching, weather, thermal cameras, a GRID remote device, and more. The system syncs with a FLIR camera and offers SiriusXM support. Plus, command nearly everything whether you're at the helm or not via a remote key fob or an app on your tablet provided by CZone by Mastervolt. Switch on pumps, control lights, and even underwater lights even when away from the dock.
The GPSMAP 8622 with Mapping presets include those for sonar, radar, cameras, digital switching, and media, all of which the SmartMode control can incorporate. SmartMode makes boating easier by giving you the ability to change all screens at your helm to sync with preset modes for fishing, docking, night cruising, and others. Sync all with a single touch from one mode to another without switching each monitor physically. Customize data, gauges, and layouts to your liking; view multiple sonars on one screen or across many monitors. The GPSMAP 8622 is able to operate GSD 26 CHIRP professional sonar, GSD 24 advanced sonar, and GCV 10 or GSD 25 ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonar, and the Garmin Panoptix all-seeing sonar on its system! Plus, you can install your choice of Garmin marine radars, including open-array radars like the xHD2, the GMR Fantom with MotionScope technology, or xHD dome.
Sailing vessels can receive information from the GPSMAP 8622 which supports functions such as laylines, enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, true wind data fields, and tide/current/time slider. Sail racers can gain access to pre-race guidance, a synchronized race timer, a virtual starting line, time to burn, and layline data fields. See valuable info quickly, including true and apparent wind angle, set and drift, true or apparent wind speed, horizontal or vertical graphs, and customizable data fields.
With the built-in Wi-Fi technology, you can sync your mobile device with the free ActiveCaptain app to access your cartography, purchase new maps, reach the Garmin Quickdraw community, enable smart notifications, and more. Anglers may find the ability to pre-fish a lake an exciting option where ActiveCaptain will then sync with your chartplotter automatically! Want to document your fishing adventures? The GPSMAP 8622 can do that for you by controlling Garmin VIRB X and XE action cameras to catch all the action!
For networking capabilities, fishing support, and expansion abilities required of a full-service marine electronics suite build-out to support your fishing and boating needs, then a Garmin GPSMAP 8622 MFD with Mapping deserves serious consideration.
- Premium 22 in. full HD display with pinch-to-zoom touchscreen control
- Highest resolution on the marine market
- Configure the full system to provide 1-touch setting access for docking, cruising, fishing, anchoring, and more
- Beautiful glass helm look with ability to install multiple displays either flush or flat mounted edge-to-edge
- High-performance processor delivers the fastest map drawing ever and enhanced video processing
- Provides a superior user experience across your entire network for radar, sonar, and multimedia
- GPSMAP 8622
- GPS 19x NMEA 2000 with pole mount, flush-mount, and under-deck mount adapters
- Power cable
- NMEA 2000 2 m backbone/drop cable
- NMEA 2000 6 m backbone cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connector and terminator kit
- NMEA 2000 power cable
- Flush mount hardware
- Protective cover
- Trim piece snap covers
- Physical Dimensions: 20.8 in. x 13.8 in. x 2.8 in.
- Display Size: 18.8 in. x 10.6 in.; 21.5 in. diagonal
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Display Type: Touchscreen IPS display with anti-glare finish
- Weight: 15.63 lbs.
- Water Rating: IPX7
- Mounting Options: Flush or Flat
- Power Consumption: Max power usage at 10 Vdc: 59 W; Typical current draw at 12 Vdc: 3.9 A; Max current draw at 12 Vdc: 4.9 A
- Antenna: External only
- Receiver: 10 Hz high-sensitivity
- Garmin Marine Network Ports: 4
- Preloaded Maps: BlueChart g3 (U.S. and Western Canada coastal maps) and LakeVu g3 (inland maps)
- Accepts Data Cards: 2 SD cards with Garmin SD card reader accessory (sold separately)
- Waypoints: 5,000
- Track Log: 50,000 points; 50 saved tracks, with 5,000 points each
- Routes: 100; 250 waypoints each
- Tide Tables: Yes
- Garmin Radar Compatible: Yes
- Garmin Sonar Compatible: Yes
- Garmin Smartmode Compatible (customizable monitor presets): Yes
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships position): Yes
- Supports DSC (display position data from DSC-capable VHF radio): Yes
- Garmin Meteor Audio System Compatible Raidos: Yes
- Supports Fusion-Link Compatible Radios: Yes
- GSD Black Box Sonar Support: Yes
- GCV Black Box Sonar Support: Yes
- ActiveCaptain Compatible: Yes
- GRID (Garmin Remote Input Device) Compatible: Yes
- Dual-Frequency (50/200 kHz) Sonar Capable: Yes with external black box (sold separately)
- Dual-Beam (77/200 kHz) Sonar Capable: Yes, with external black box (sold separately)
- CHIRP Sonar Technology: Yes, with external black box (sold separately)
- ClearVu: Yes with GCV black box (sold separately)
- SideVu: Yes with GCV black box (sold separately)
- NMEA 2000 Compatible: Yes
- NMEA 0183 Input Ports: 4
- NMEA 0183 Output Ports: 2
- Video Input Ports: 1 BNC composite and 1 HDMI (HDCP compliant)
- Video Output Ports: 1 HDMI
- Wireless Connectivity: Yes
- J1939 Ports: 1
- USB Ports: 1
- NMEA 2000 Ports: 1
- Additional: HDMI and composite video inputs are encoded and shared across the Garmin Marine Network to other compatible chartplotters