Garmin GPSMAP 8617 MFD with Mapping
The Garmin GPSMAP 8617 MFD with Mapping is for those who are ready to install the marine electronics suite their vessel deserves. You start with the 17-inch multifunction display in full HD with touchscreen control. The display is anti-glare for easy reading in full sun with automatic dimming for viewing in low light conditions. The In-plane switching (IPS) LCD display — claimed to be a first in the industry class — gives color consistency when viewed from all angles. The display is equipped with a standard USB touch output so that you can also use it as a touchscreen monitor for Windows and Mac operating systems. Easily access information via additional displays you can mount flush to the helm.
Sportfishing anglers will find the pre-installed Quickdraw Contours software on the GPSMAP 8617 advantageous to create personalized HD fishing maps down to one-foot contours. No special surveying experience is required – just fish while the program creates the map! Bonus: these charts are yours; you own them, and there is no need to send the files somewhere else first! Enhance your fishing experience with these maps immediately while using any Garmin Panoptix, any HD-ID, any CHIRP-enabled, Garmin ClearVü transducer, or NMEA 2000-compatible depth transducer (transducers sold separately). If you run more than one transducer, then the Quickdraw program defaults to the sonar device which will provide the best results!
The GPSMAP 8617 is preloaded with BlueChart g3 (U.S. and Western Canada coastal maps) and LakeVu g3 (inland maps) and provides extended memory for accessory maps such as BlueChart g3 and BlueChart g3 Vision with Navionics data. Your position and heading are refreshed 10x per second because of the 10 Hz GPS. Quickly and easily mark up to 5,000 waypoints accurately and find the way back to them. The Garmin mapping system harmonizes sonar, autopilot, connectivity, apps, engine data, and multimedia technologies together. Further, you can automatically sync user data for all networked 8400/8600 series chartplotters across multiple helms — all on one screen. Full-network compatibility opens more opportunities for your boat. GPSMAP 8617 supports radar, autopilot, instruments, multiple screens, the FUSION-Link entertainment system, sensors, remote sonar modules, digital switching, weather, thermal cameras, a GRID remote device, and more. The system is in sync with a FLIR camera and offers SiriusXM support. Plus, command nearly everything whether you're at the helm or not via a remote key fob or an app on your tablet provided by CZone by Mastervolt. Switch on pumps, control lights, and even underwater lights even when away from the dock.
Among the included presets on the GPSMAP 8617 are those for sonar, radar, cameras, media, and digital switching, all of which can be incorporated into SmartMode control or accessed independently. SmartMode control makes boating easier by giving you the ability to change all screens at your helm to sync with preset modes for fishing, docking, night cruising, and others. Sync all displays with a single touch from one mode to another without switching each physically. Customize data, gauges, and layouts as you see fit and view multiple sonars on one screen or across many monitors. The GPSMAP 8617 has the power to operate GSD 26 CHIRP professional sonar, GSD 24 advanced sonar, and GCV 10 or GSD 25 ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonar (Garmin Panoptix all-seeing sonar, too) on its system! Plus, you can install your choice of Garmin marine radars, including xHD2 open-array radars, GMR Fantom open-array radars with MotionScope technology, or xHD dome radars.
Wind-powered vessels can receive information from the GPSMAP 8617 which supports functions such as laylines, enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, true wind data fields, and tide/current/time slider. Sail racers can gain access to pre-race guidance, a synchronized race timer, a virtual starting line, time to burn, and layline data fields. See valuable info quickly, including true and apparent wind angle, set and drift, true or apparent wind speed, horizontal or vertical graphs, and customizable data fields
With the built-in Wi-Fi technology, you can sync your mobile device with the free ActiveCaptain app to access your cartography, purchase new maps, reach the Garmin Quickdraw community, enable smart notifications, and more. Anglers may find the ability to pre-fish a lake an exciting option where ActiveCaptain will then sync with your chartplotter automatically! Want to document your fishing adventures? The GPSMAP 8617 can do that for you by controlling Garmin VIRB X and XE action cameras to catch all the action!
If you are ready to build out a full-service marine electronics suite to support your boating and fishing needs, then the networking capabilities, fishing support, and expansion abilities of a Garmin GPSMAP 8617 MFD with Mapping warrants your consideration.
- Premium 17 in. full HD display with pinch-to-zoom touchscreen control
- Highest resolution on the marine market
- Configure the full system to provide 1-touch setting access for docking, cruising, fishing, anchoring, and more
- Beautiful glass helm look with ability to install multiple displays either flush or flat mounted edge-to-edge
- High-performance processor delivers the fastest map drawing ever and enhanced video processing
- Provides a superior user experience across your entire network for radar, sonar, and multimedia
- GPSMAP 8617
- GPS 19x NMEA 2000 with pole mount, flush-mount, and under-deck mount adapters
- Power cable
- NMEA 2000 2 m backbone/drop cable
- NMEA 2000 6 m backbone cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connector and terminator kit
- NMEA 2000 power cable
- Flush mount hardware
- Protective cover
- Trim piece snap covers
- Physical Dimensions: 16.5 in. x 12.1 in. x 2.8 in.
- Display Size: 14.4 in. x 9.1 in.; 17.0 in. diagonal
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Display Type: Touchscreen IPS display with anti-glare finish
- Weight: 11.48 lbs.
- Water Rating: IPX7
- Mounting Options: Flush or Flat
- Power Consumption: Max power usage at 10 Vdc: 40 W; Typical current draw at 12 Vdc: 2.8 A; Max current draw at 12 Vdc: 3.5 A
- Antenna: External only
- Receiver: 10 Hz high-sensitivity
- Garmin Marine Network Ports: 4
- Preloaded Maps: BlueChart g3 (U.S. and Western Canada coastal maps) and LakeVu g3 (inland maps)
- Accepts Data Cards: 2 SD cards with Garmin SD card reader accessory (sold separately)
- Waypoints: 5,000
- Track Log: 50,000 points; 50 saved tracks, with 5,000 points each
- Routes: 100; 250 waypoints each
- Tide Tables: Yes
- Garmin Radar Compatible: Yes
- Garmin Sonar Compatible: Yes
- Garmin Smartmode Compatible (customizable monitor presets): Yes
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships position): Yes
- Supports DSC (display position data from DSC-capable VHF radio): Yes
- Supports Fusion-Link Compatible Radios: Yes
- GSD Black Box Sonar Support: Yes
- GCV Black Box Sonar Support: Yes
- ActiveCaptain Compatible: Yes
- GRID (Garmin Remote Input Device) Compatible: Yes
- Dual-Frequency (50/200 kHz) Sonar Capable: Yes with external black box (sold separately)
- Dual-Beam (77/200 kHz) Sonar Capable: Yes, with external black box (sold separately)
- CHIRP Sonar Technology: Yes, with external black box (sold separately)
- ClearVu: Yes, with GCV black box (sold separately)
- SideVu: Yes, with GCV black box (sold separately)
- NMEA 2000 Compatible: Yes
- NMEA 0183 Input Ports: 4
- NMEA 0183 Output Ports: 2
- Video Input Ports: 1 BNC composite and 1 HDMI (HDCP compliant)
- Video Output Ports: 1 HDMI
- Wireless Connectivity: Yes
- J1939 Ports: 1
- USB Ports: 1
- NMEA 2000 Ports: 1
- Additional: HDMI and composite video inputs are encoded and shared across the Garmin Marine Network to other compatible chartplotters