by George Douglas
George Douglas, guide and author of numerous fishing books, explains his techniques and secrets of fishing for steelhead. Feature of this fine book include the following:
These books are signed by the author.
- Egg cures and scent recipes.
- Features four unique fly patterns including the Douglas Fuel Fly.
- How to determine the present food base in the river.
- The secrets of plug fishing.
- The art of fighting and netting fish.
- This book features the Salmon River in case scenarios including diagrams written over the photos of many locations on the river.
- 112 pages, 8 x 10.
- Copyright 1999
Includes the chapter everyone is talking about. Below is an excerpt taken from the “Fishing in Grids” chapter:
The ability to locate steelhead on a consistent
basis is something that comes along with experience. Experienced
Steelheaders have a keen sense that fish are holding in certain areas and
have an intuitive ability to anticipate strikes before they occur. Reading
water and the approachment strategy is the key to establishing these
traits that will place you in the upper echelon of Steelheaders.
Fishing a piece of water, whether
it be a small pocket or an entire stretch, must be done in an organized fashion.
It’s like painting a house. You can’t effectively paint a house by slapping
paint from one side to the other.
I have developed a systematic approach to enhance these
steelheading skills for Steelheaders around the world. I would like to introduce
“Fishing in Grids.”