The St. Croix Legend Xtreme Inshore Casting Rod is a hyper-performance inshore saltwater rod featuring cutting edge design. This rod is designed using St. Croix's proprietary Integrated Poly Curve (IPC) tooling and Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) to produce continuous-curve tapers with improved actions and sensitivity. Each blank is strengthened with St. Croix's proprietary Fortified Resin System (FRS) which prevents micro-buckling by keeping carbon fibers in proper alignment to produce blanks that are 33% stronger than those built with standard resins and curing methods.
The Legend Xtreme Inshore Casting Rod features a contemporary design as eye-catching as it is functional. An all-white Xtreme Skin handle repels water, dirt and fish slime, and it cleans up easily while providing a comfortable, non-slip grip in both hot and cold weather. The handle trim pieces are machined by St. Croix and are corrosion proof. The rod blank features a distinctive gloss-white pearlescent finish, and a two piece Fuji SK2 reel seat has an exposed-blank design for enhanced sensitivity.
The St. Croix Legend Xtreme Inshore Casting Rod is fitted with Kigan Master Hand Zero Tangle guides with ultra-hard zirconia rings and ultra-light titanium frames for the ultimate protection against saltwater corrosion. The unique sloped, wide-leg design prevents line tangles with monofilament, fluorocarbon and super braid lines. All thread wraps are protected by two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish for exceptional durability.
Features of the St. Croix Legend Xtreme Inshore Casting Rod include:
- Integrated Poly Curve (IPC) Technology
- Taper Enhancement Technology (TET)
- Advanced Reinforcing Technology (ART)
- Super-high-modulus SCVI graphite with FRS in lower sections
- High-modulus/high-strain SCV graphite with FRS and Carbon-Matte Scrim
- Designed specifically for inshore saltwater angling
- Kigan Master Hand Zero Tangle guides with Zirconia ring and titanium frame
- Fuji SK2 split reel seat
- Xtreme-Skin white handle
- Corrosion-proof wind check and reel seat trim pieces
- Two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish
- Includes protective rod sack
The St. Croix Legend Xtreme Inshore Casting Rod is made in the U.S.A.