Shimano Calcutta TE Digital Control
Free Domestic Shipping On All Shimano Calcutta TE DC Baitcasting Reels!
Shimano Calcutta TE Digital Control Baitcasting Reels are the first self-energizing digital braking baitcasting reel, featuring eight levels of pre-programmed braking modes based on lure and casting type. During initial casting, the energy generated by the rotation of the spool is stored and used to power the digital braking system for subsequent casts.
Reels which employ conventional (Centrifugal or Magnetic type) braking systems to prevent backlash operate efficiently around 20,000 rpm. With the digital braking technology employed by Calcutta TE DC, it is possible to allow spool rotation to exceed 30,000 rpm and still maintain excellent line control for longer, more accurate casts.
The Shimano Calcutta TE DC reels have the following features:
All the Shimano Calcutta TE DC reels have 10 ball bearings with one roller bearing.
- Digital circuit is sealed to prevent moisture
intrusion and corrosion
- Braking frequency: updates every 1/1000 of a second
- Precision machine cut aluminum frame
- Rigid aluminum sideplates keep gears in precise alignment
- High Efficiency Gearing (HEG)
- Smooth and high power Dartanium Drag Performance
- Super Free Pinion Gear System (SF) eliminates friction between the pinion gear and the spool shaft for increased freespool
- Lightweight Aluminum Drilled Spool System to further enhance freespool
- Large diameter Super Duralumin main gear for increased durability
- Super stopper anti-reverse
- 10BB + 1RB A-RBŪ Anti-Rust Bearing
- 0.35mm micro pitch Cast Control Knob with a high precision click sound
- Cold Forged Handle
- Recessed reel foot for excellent palmability and
Additional specifications for these reels are provided in the table below.
To order, please select from the list above.