Scientific Anglers System 2L Fly Reels
The Systemô 2L series of fly reels combine a lightweight design with a proven super smooth disc drag. The series of 6 sizes offers the perfect choice for almost any fly fishing situation, from trout and panfish to steelhead and bonefish.
Features of these reels include the following:
System 2L Drag
- Fully perforated, open-cage design is lightweight while maintaining proven durability
- CNC-machine finishing process provides tighter tolerances between frame and spool contributing to overall smoothness
- Tough polyurethane coating protects the reel from abrasion and corrosion
- Strong aluminum alloy frames and spools
- Disc drag mechanism combines high tech Rulon pad material and polished stainless steel disc for precision drag settings and performance
- "No Tools Needed" design for easy change from right to left-hand retrieve
- Spools are counter-balanced for smooth runs
- Inexpensive, spare spools allow you to carry several lines to meet changing conditions
For the System 2L Scientific Anglers wanted a drag that delivered System 2 performance in a downsized design. The result is a whisper-smooth single-caliper disc drag system that is sensitive enough to hold lightning quick rainbows on 6X tippets, yet tough enough to put the heat on steelhead. This drag is one of the finest ever designed and one of the best reasons to take a closer look at redesigned System 2L reels.
Systemô 2L Model 23L
The smallest and lightest reel in the System 2 family, the 23L is a small wonder and the perfect ultralight tackle for the growing number of anglers pursuing small trout and panfish.
Systemô 2L Model 45L
A small step up from the 23L, the 45L is is another System 2 ultralight reel with power beyond its size. With a whisper-smooth single-caliper disc drag ideally suited for panfish and trout.
Systemô 2L Model 56L
Weighing slightly more than the 45L, the 56L has the backing capacity to handle larger trout. It's a great choice for all types of trout and panfish, and it will maintain its high performance for years.
Systemô 2L Model 67L
This reel was designed to handle most midweight freshwater fishing, including larger trout and big bass. It is truly a versatile, all-around performer, and System-tough to stay that way.
Systemô 2L Model 78L
Larger in diameter than models 45L, 56L, and 67L, the 78L has a faster retrieve rate and more capacity for more demanding applications. It's a great reel for bonefish, steelhead, bass, and more.
Systemô 2L Model 89L
Also larger in diameter for more demanding fly fishing applications. When you want more capacity but you also want the advantages of a lightweight reel, the 89L is your best choice.
Additional specifications for these reels are provided in the table below.
40 yds WF3F
30 yds WF4F
110 yds WF4F
85 yds WF5F
130 yds WF5F
110 yds WF6F
150 yds WF6F
125 yds WF7F
150 yds WF7F
120 yds WF8F
200 yds WF8F
180 yds WF9F
We also stock the spare spools for these reels.
These quality fly reels are made in England.
Please select the model from the list above.