The Shimano Torsa Conventional Reels are high speed, high power reels that are extremely castable and include Shimano's revolutionary Rapid Fire quick change drag cam system perfect for any blue water fishing scenario imaginable.
Torsa Conventional Reels feature the largest drive gear produced by Shimano, and when coupled with features like the rigid, forged and machined aluminum frame, spool and sideplates, a powerful, lever drag system, an ergonomic power handle and eight shielded anti-rust bearings produce a truly superior fishing tool. Torsa Conventional Reels are also highly castable. Because of the meticulous machining of the cold forged aluminum spool, the overall weight of the spool was reduced to lower the startup inertia. At the same time, most of the reels mass is distributed outward. Shimano added its Variable Brake System (VBS) to the Torsa which, has proven itself in baitcasting reels, such as the Calcutta, and Chronarch reels. The handle side of the spool is taller than the non-handle side. This extended spool lip gives the angler a very consistent surface to thumb during the cast. It has shown to be valuable as it provides more manageability than thumbing the inconsistent surface of the line on the spool.
Features of the Shimano Torsa Conventional Reels include:
- Forged, machined aluminum frame, spool and sideplates
- Super Stopper system
- Ratcheting drag lever
- Ergonomic power handle with oversized grip
- Harness Lugs (Model TS40 only)
- Eight S A-RB (Shielded A-RB bearings)
- One A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings) roller bearing
- Redundant anti-reverse system (oversized roller bearings and spring-loaded ratchet and pawl)
- Approved for use in saltwater
- Rated for use with monofilament, fluorocarbon and braided lines
- Rapid Fire quick change drag cam system (Long Range Special cam included on all models)
Specifications for the Shimano Torsa Conventional Reels can be seen in the Specifications tab above.