Shimano Stradic CI4+ Spinning Reels feature a redesigned CI4+ frame and rotor, a Rapid Fire drag for quick, easy adjustments, and Aero Wrap II Oscillation. CI4 stands for Carbon Interfusion with the 4 referring to the number of electrons in the carbon atom. This carbon fiber reinforced graphite material is over one and a half times stronger than Shimano's normal XT-7 graphite and is over 20 percent lighter. And because the frame, sideplate and rotor does not contain metal, these components are impervious to rust and corrosion. As a result of the materials strength and weight, Shimano has created an extremely lightweight reel with very precise tolerances.
Stradic CI4+ Spinning Reels are also equipped with Shimano's Paladin gear durability enhancement in which machined, cold forged aluminum and brass gearing is used over the standard die-cast gearing. This system produces much smoother and incredibly durable reel gearing. Shimano's Propulsion line management system features a special spool and component design which helps line come off the spool more efficiently. This means smoother and longer casts, less line twist and no more wind knots, birdsnets or backlashes. The system also helps line lay on the spool more evenly so repetitive casting always has the same performance.
Features of the Shimano Stradic CI4+ Spinning Reels include:
- Lightweight, durable Magnumlite CI4+ rotor
- X-Ship technology
- Rapid Fire Drag for quick easy, adjustments (except on 1000FAML)
- Paladin Gear durability enhancement
- Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, SR One-Piece Bail Wire, Power Roller III, Redesigned Bail Trip, S-Arm Cam
- Aero Wrap II Oscillation
- SR-Concept Technology: SR-3D Gear, SR Handle, SR One-Piece Bail Wire
- S A-RB Ball Bearings
- Aluminum Spool
- Machined Aluminum Handle
- Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread-In attachment)
- Maintenance Port
- Fluidrive II
- Floating Shaft
- Super Stopper II
- Maintenance Port
- Repairable Clicker
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
Specifications for the Shimano Stradic CI4+ Spinning Reels can be seen in the Specifications tab above.