The Shimano Calais DC Digital Control Baitcasting Reels are the next evolution in digital cast control system. A unique new 4 x 8 Digital Control braking system provides exceptional casting distance and backlash control. There are 32 different settings, eight in each of four modes - extreme mode for competition casting; long distance for normal fishing situations; accuracy mode for pitching low spool speed lures; and a wind mode when the conditions prevent most anglers from using a bait casting reel.
Reels which employ conventional (Centrifugal or Magnetic type) braking systems to prevent backlash operate efficiently around 15,000 to 20,000 rpm. With the digital braking technology employed by Calcutta TE DC, it is possible to allow spool rotation to exceed 50,000 rpm! (Extreme Distance Mode) and still maintain excellent line control for longer, more accurate casts.
By opening the side Escape Hatch you can dail in the mode you want.(X-Extreme Distance,L-Long Distance, A- Accuracy and W-Wind)Then simply set the eight-level selector dial and the Calais DC allows you to refine the braking application based on lure type and casting method.
Features of the Shimano Calais DC Digital Control Baitcasting Reels include:
- 4x8 Digital Control
- 10BB + 1RB S A-RB Anti-Rust Bearings
- Magnumlite Spool
- High Efficiency Gearing (HEG)
- Tapered Titanium Levelwind Insert
- Smooth and high power Dartanium Drag Performance
- Super Free Pinion Gear System (SF) eliminates friction between the pinion gear and the spool shaft for increased freespool
- Super stopper anti-reverse
- Cold Forged Handle Shank
- Recessed reel foot for excellent palmability and comfort
- Aluminum Frame and Sideplates