Star Drag Conventional Reels
Free Domestic Shipping On All Penn Squall Star Drag Conventional Reels!
Penn Squall Star Drag Conventional Reels are designed from a lightweight graphite frame and outfitted with a free-floating spool due to the Live Spindle design. The revolutionary Live Spindle design provides exceptional casting performance by allowing the spool to spin independently of the spindle and pinion gear, which significantly reduces friction experienced from the extreme acceleration of the spool when casting.
Squall Star Drag Conventional Reels are equipped with a Versa-Handle system allowing anglers to choose how long the handle should be in less than a minute. Assemble the Reels in the long position for more power or assemble in the short position for more speed, your choice. The externally adjustable Adjusta-Mag braking system utilized on the 12 and 15 sizes create one of the most castable reels in its class.
Features of Penn Squall Star Drag Conventional Reels include:
- Lightweight graphite frame
- Machined and anodized aluminum spool
- Externally Adjust-Mag casting brake (on 12 and 15 sizes only)
- Versa-Drag system
- High-strength marine grade bronze alloy main gear
- Precision-machined stainless steel pinion gear
- Live Spindle Design with free floating spool
- Shielded stainless steel ball bearings
- HT-100 drag washers provide smooth drag under heavy loads
- Stainless steel reel stand
- Line Capacity Rings
- Counter-balanced handle with oversized paddle knob
Additional specifications for Penn Squall Star Drag Conventional Reels are shown in the table below:
|Weight (oz.)||Max Drag|
We stock the most popular models in this series. We can obtain all other models and generally are able to ship them out within two business days of the date we receive the order. You may contact us
if you would like to check on stock and shipping times.
To order, please select from the list above.