The Islander Steelheader (IS) is one of the best center pin float reels on the market. Super smooth is the only way to describe this reel. Just grab the handle and spin the spool. The spool spins effortlessly, which is the result of precision CNC machining, bearings and balance.
The refined design, with only twenty five parts and perfect machining, make up the Steelheader. Its simple clicker drag is only meant to help prevent line over run, other than that, the highly polished palming rim will supply all the drag you will ever need. The clicker drag can be engaged and disengaged using a frame side button. Also, there is no need to convert from the left-handed to right-handed retrieve because of its ambidextrous design.
The Islander Steelheader Float Reel has the following features:
- Ultra Smooth Bearings - 2 super shielded stainless steel bearings
- Corrosion Resistance - like all Islanders, the Steelheader is constructed out of anodized aerospace grade aluminum, Delrin and stainless steel
- Two year manufacturer's warranty
- Available in Gold, Black, Clear/Silver (natural silver aluminum), and Slate Grey
- Free-Spool Mode- by moving the frame side clicker control button, you can put the IS into free-spool mode, great for letting the river take the line for you.
Like all Islanders, the Steelheader is built to take abuse. A thick aluminum frame and spool with a large stainless steel spindle give the Steelheader a very solid reputation. While taking on a 35-pound chinook is not its intended use, you can.
Additional specifications for the Islander Steelheader Float Reel are provided in the table below.
|Spool Dia.||Spool Width||Spool Vol. (in3)||Weight||Capacity|
|4.50"||.77"||5.29"||8.5 oz||300 yds./|
20 lb. mono