Okuma Oryx Spinning Reels
The super smooth six bearing Oryx surf reels are designed to meet the exacting demands of the hard-core surf angler. They feature a worm shaft oscillation system for even line lay, which is crucial for extending the distance of the cast. The rotor brush system keeps looping line from getting tangled under the long stroke conical spools.
The ASB ("Anti Snap Back") bail lock system keeps the bail open during casting. The large over sized one-way roller bearing eliminates all slop from the handle play and allows for instant hook sets. Even though the rotor bearing is stainless steel, it is still treated with a special extreme anti-corrosion coating for additional protection against the effects of saltwater.
Features of the Oryx models include the following:
We stock both models of this reel.
- Five SUS sealed ball bearings plus one one-way roller bearing
- Machined aluminum long-cast conical spool
- "Rotor Brush System" to prevent line tangles
- Worm shaft oscillation for even line lay
- Oil-soaked felt and stainless steel drag
- Waterproof drag seal
- Quick Set anti-reverse
- High-speed gear ratio for faster retrieve
- Spare graphite spool
- Reversible left or right hand retrieve
Additional specifications are provided in the table below.
For a larger picture of this fine reel, please click HERE.
Please select the model from the list above.