Okuma Axeon Spinning Reels
The Axeon, with its 11 ball bearings, is made to the exacting demands of the hard-core surf angler. These spinning reels feature a worm shaft oscillation system for even line lay, which is crucial for extending the distance of the cast. The rotor brush system keeps looping line from getting tangled under the long stroke conical spools.
The ASB ("Anti Snap Back") bail lock system keeps the bail open during casting. The large over sized one-way roller bearing eliminates all slop from the handle play and allows for instant hook sets. Even though the rotor bearing is stainless steel, it is still treated with a special extreme anti-corrosion coating for additional protection against the effects of saltwater.
Features of the Axeon models include the following:
Additional specifications of the reels we stock are provided in the table below.
- Eleven SUS sealed ball bearings plus one one-way roller bearing
- Machined aluminum long-cast conical spool
- "Rotor Brush System" to prevent line tangles
- One-touch machined aluminum handle
- Titanium nitrate coated line roller
- Oversized ergonomic soft touch handle
- Worm shaft oscillation for even line lay
- Oil-soaked felt and stainless steel drag
- Waterproof drag seal
- Quick Set anti-reverse
- High-speed gear ratio for faster retrieve
- Spare matching aluminum spool
- Reversible left or right hand retrieve
|Okuma Axeon Specifications
For a larger picture of this fine reel, please click HERE.
Please select the model from the list above.