Fish-Skull Articulated Fly Shanks
Fish-Skull Articulated Fly Shanks are designed to simplify the tying of articulated flies. These shanks can be used as a simple component in different styles of articulated flies such as single-hook and two-hook articulated streamers, poppers and sliders. Fish-Skull Articulated Fly Shanks are used for streamers that use a free-swinging stinger hook such as Intruder-style salmon and steelhead flies.
Fish-Skull Articulated Fly Shanks are available in 20mm, 35mm and 55mm sizes and come 20 per package.
Features of Fish-Skull Articulated Fly Shanks include:
- Easy-and-fast tying process
- Increases tail action
- Increases the overall fly length
- Reduces the leverage a hooked fish typically places on a fly
- Eliminates the need to “sacrifice a hook” to make a shank
- Typically for streamer flies 3" (7.5cm) and longer
- Wire diameter fits hook sizes starting from about #4 up to 3/0
- Will fit the Fish-Skull Weighted Baitfish Fly Heads (SM, M and L sizes) and the Fish-Skull Sculpin Helmets (L size)
- The high strength, stainless spring steel shank can be used in freshwater and saltwater
We also carry Fish-Skull Weighted Baitfish Fly Heads and Fish-Skull Sculpin Helmet Fly Heads.
To order, please select from the list above.