Western Fly Rods
We offer free domestic shipping on all Diamondback Classic Western Fly Rods!
This product may not be available for UPS Overnight expedited shipping. Please call 800.922.1219 weekdays 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. eastern time to inquire about expedited shipment.
The Diamondback Classic Western Fly Rods are legendary for their superb balance, smooth action, and easy casting over a variety of distances. Diamondback has expanded its fly line by adding this series of faster rods with all of the favorite attributes of the original Classic. The Western has a progressive taper construction with Diamondback's own intermediate modulus graphite. The power braid system is utilized on the Classic Western for its incredible strength and because it makes it one of the most distinctive fly rods available anywhere. With a variety of different models for different stream conditions and hard chrome trim, this is an incredibly versatile and aesthetically pleasing series of rods.
Diamondback rods feature one of the best warranties in the business. All Diamondback rods and blanks are unconditionally guaranteed for life to the original purchaser. Should any problem arise with one a Diamondback rod, simply return it to Diamondback for immediate repair or replacement.
GUIDES AND FINISH TRIM
- STRIPPING GUIDES: Hard chrome stainless steel
- SNAKE GUIDES: Hard chrome stainless steel
- TIP TOP: Standard loop
- PRIMARY GUIDE WRAP: Brown
- TRIM WRAP: Gold
- WINDING CHECK: Nickel silver
- HOOK KEEPER: Nickel silver folding ring
- GRAPHITE: Intermediate modulus DGS700 Power Braid System
- SCRIM: Bi-directional fiberglass
- FERRULE: Spigot
- FINISH: Honey brown
- ACTION: Medium fast
- STYLE: Western
- GRADE: Flor +
These medium fast rods are all available in four piece models.
- TYPE: Uplocking
- MATERIAL: Nickel silver
- FINISH: Polished
- WOOD INSERT: Burled walnut
Additional specifications for these rods are provided in the table below. The handle styles are shown in the image below the specifications table.
|Diamondback Classic Western Fly Rod Specifications
All Diamondback Classic Western Fly Rods include a bag for rod storage and a rod case.
- CW864-4 - As a smaller rod, this model works superbly with dry flies on small water and in windy conditions. This is by far the lightest Classic Western rod available which makes for easy portability.
- CWR904-4 - The 904-4 is a step up in size and weight from the 864-4. As such, it works well with dry flies in both small and medium sized rivers and is extremely versatile.
- CWR905-4 - This rod is for the fly angler who seeks to fish larger sized rivers. It works well with a variety of dry flies, hoppers, big nymphs, and streamers.
- CWR906-4 - This is the heaviest, most powerful rod that Diamondback offers in the Classic Western series. It is a great big river rod that excels in windy conditions.
We stock the most popular models in this series. We can obtain all other models and generally are able to ship them out within three business days of the date we receive the order. You may contact us if you would like to check on stock and shipping times.
We offer free domestic shipping on all Classic Western Fly Rods.
To order one of these fine rods, please select the model from the drop-down list above.