"The Walleye Board" Planer Boards
by Church Tackle
Church Tackle's "The Walleye Board" are popular inline planer boards which can be used with any line, including the new super braided lines.
Features of these planer boards include the following:
These planer boards are made in the USA.
- A glass-filled, super tough nylon clip that is coated with a material NASA uses in the space shuttle program. The clip holds the new, ultra thin, slippery braids and fused lines (like Berkley FireLine) that are popular for trolling. Set correctly, this clip will not damage even light monofilament. It is designed so the board can be removed with just one hand while fighting a fish.
- A spring-loaded retaining pin holds the line in a groove at the rear of the board. Just pull the pin with one hand when removing the board. Anglers after hard-charging fish like salmon, stripers and saltwater species may set the Adjustable Flex Clip light enough so that strikes pull the line free; the pin holds the board on the line as it slides back to a swivel tied a few feet in front of the lure.
- An adjustable keel weight keeps the nose of the board tracking in the water even when using deep-diving plugs or heavy weights.
- Closed-cell foam flotation absorbs no water.
- The catamaran shape minimizes diving and flying when trolling upwind or hitting a large wave at higher speeds. If the board does dive, a side fin on the rear of the board immediately planes the board back to the surface.
- The bright color makes it easy to spot without the need for a flag.
- Made of non-corrosive materials suitable for saltwater use.
These boards measure 10" long and 3½" high.
Please select the side (port or starboard) from the list above.